UKC

Liverpool John Moores to Awesome Walls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elephant0907 30 Jun 2008
Bus the best option??

I'm liking Uni Open Days for getting some climbing done

Thanks

Ellie

xxx
 climbingpixie 30 Jun 2008
In reply to elephant0907:

Depending on what bit of John Moores you're looking at you might be able to walk it. But if not you can get the 48A or the 103 (I think) from the bus station.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/choose_service.asp
ypy 30 Jun 2008
In reply to climbingpixie:

I just finishing my MSc at LJMU. I'm not sure which bus you would get, but even from the closer buildings its quite a walk, I probably wouldn't recommend it
In reply to ypy:

It can't be more than a couple of miles, surely, even for the buildings that are close to the guild.
ypy 30 Jun 2008
In reply to climbingpixie:

To be honest it might not be THAT far, but I remember looking at doing some bouldering between lectures and deciding it's too far to walk. (maybe I'm just lazy)
Anonymous 30 Jun 2008

Just get a taxi form the city centre it would cost about £5-£7 in a black cab or cheaper in a private hire about £3-£5

You could walk it from the city centre also would take about 35mins give or take.
OP elephant0907 30 Jun 2008

Cheers. Had a look on travel planner as well. Bus no. 101...but not sure if it works. Travel planner is very often wrong!

Got a taxi from city centre the other day. He didn't kno where to go from Great Howard Street, drove straight past it then did a U-turn in the middle of the road! :S

Thank you though, am going to attempt it cos otherwise I'm gonna be stuck in town for ageeees. Still better than school

xxx
 KarenW 30 Jun 2008

I used to get the train to sandwell station and then walk the 5 mins to the wall. The trains used to be every 5 mins going in that direction, about a 2 minute train journey.
In reply to Fitbird:

Yeah, Sandhills is pretty handy for the wall but it was closed for a while and I'm not sure if it's been reopened.
 martin heywood 30 Jun 2008
Get a bike...
OP elephant0907 01 Jul 2008

Thank You!

Will get there somehow.

And I've got a bike but taking it up to Merseyside in the car, then taking it round the Uni, then taking it back down to the Peak in the car is a bit im-practical!

xxx
ceri 01 Jul 2008
In reply to elephant0907: Get another bike. When in uni at liverpool i got a £20 2nd hand mountainbike, which saved me a lot of money in train and bus fares, and as it was old and tatty and had gold stars painted on, noone wanted to steal it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...