UKC

Awesome Walls Stockport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 icnoble 17 Jul 2008
On Tuesday i went with my wife and a friend to Awesome Walls Stockport for the first time, and we all had a fantastic time. All the routes we did were excellent and correctly graded. Congratulations to all at Awesome Walls
 zorro 19 Jul 2008
In reply to icnoble:

Have they installed the extractor fans in the bouldering area yet?

I went there a couple of months ago and i thought it was indeed pretty awesome there, except for the africa heat in the bouldering area.
 mrjonathanr 20 Jul 2008
In reply to zorro:
fan{massive, portable) yes; extractor,no
 zorro 20 Jul 2008
In reply to mrjonathanr:

Ahh thats not good? So its just going to chuck the dust about?
 Mick Ward 20 Jul 2008
In reply to icnoble:

Yes, top place...

Once upon a time there was this lad in the North East, sat on his a*se thinking, "What am I going to do with my life?" From nowhere (somewhere?) he got this idea: "Mam, I'm going to Liverpool to build a climbing wall." WTF!!! Well, he went to Liverpool. Time passed. He struggled. Awesome Walls Mark I came into being, then Mark II (the one we have now.) Then Stockport. (Tomorrow the world...)

Those walls have given so many people so much pleasure...

Moral of the story? Follow your dream and see where it takes you. You may be surprised - very surprised indeed.

Mick
 Paul Atkinson 20 Jul 2008
In reply to Mick Ward: a top place indeed, friendly too, both true of MCC as well and both venues improving with time. Just hark back a couple of years to when we Mancs had to trog out to Rope Race or Warrington (nowt wrong with either of them incidentally or indeed Rochdale) - it's hard to credit how long post Foundry / Edge we had to wait for some decent indoor facilities..... and now we're spoiled for choice
ypy 21 Jul 2008
In reply to zorro:

The fan is ok, it does a reasonable job, but it is really noisy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...