UKC

My Shirt Has Died.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
nonymouse 30 Jul 2008
Five years ago I started wearing one particular shirt for my long distance, high mountain treks. When Shirt came back from its first trip it was starting to fade and you could see where my 'sack straps had been.

Mrs. Nonymouse was going to throw it out but I insisted that Shirt still had much to offer.

Shirt has done a number of trips to the high mountains and has stood up to the rigours well, uncomplainingly and insisting that he could survive without being washed every day.

Sadly our last trip together was his las and he has now gone to the great washing line in the sky.

RIP(ped) Shirt
In reply to nonymouse: I've still got a T shirt I bought 20 years ago. There's a picture of me wearing it in the tunnel on the Aiguille du Midi somewhere; I know which of the small tears was caused by it getting caught between a rope and a krab near the crux of Albion some years later.

It's tissue thin and the end is surely near but it's still hanging on in there...

T.
 ayuplass 30 Jul 2008
In reply to nonymouse:
i heard a story via a friend of a girl travelling in India who treated herself to a night in a hotel and splashed out on the laundry service (it was still v cheap). when her dresses came back they had been slapped, bashed and rubbed by some poor women and were reduced to a thin spiders web of cloth and thread

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...