UKC

A new climbing revolution?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Back in the days when I climbed the helmet was to quote a glossary of climbing terms "a place where you get sexual diseases" but today they are more readily accepted.

Now we see threads about wearing sock with climbing shoes/slippers.

Is this now becoming more socially acceptable? Once, for me, upon a time the sign of a good climber was how many people sat up wind of him.

Nowadays they talk about seamless socks from mothercare. Are we being taken over by red sock ramblers?

Is this like in America - The hispanics will be the majority 8 years earlier than predicted? Will UKClimbing.com have to change to UKrambling.com?

where will it end? Padded harnesses? Crap - whillans harnesses have been replaced by the bubble wrap harnesses of today!

Mike Hartley 15 Aug 2008
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:

UKRambling?! There's already alot of rambling goes on it these here forums Glynnyboy!
In reply to Mike Hartley: You wear red socks don't you!
 Mike Hartley 15 Aug 2008
> (In reply to Mike Hartley) You wear red socks don't you!

<looks innocent> I...erm...don't.
Paul F 15 Aug 2008

Does this mean i can start wearing my tweed breeks again?
 Flatlander 15 Aug 2008

Bring back crazy printed lycra shots!!!!
 Wingnut 15 Aug 2008
I wear red socks . . . and I'm proud of it!

(Mind you, I also have some rather retro lycra on order.)
 BigHell 15 Aug 2008
> Back in the days when I climbed the helmet was to quote a glossary of climbing terms "a place where you get sexual diseases" but today they are more readily accepted.
>
> I always wear a helmet, the thing is full of dents and scratch marks its saved me from many a minor knock ., i kinda take your point though ,today we have Gortex this padded that ...we should bring back the tweeeeed jacket ...I dont like Gortex ..lol!!!!!
In reply to Wingnut: I got spotted at a climbing wall last night as a UKC user (I'm down to 3 a day). They said they'd met you too! You are famous!!!!
 Wingnut 15 Aug 2008
Me, my hair or my tights?
:

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...