UKC

NEWS: Lucy Creamer at Raven Tor: F8b link-up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 19 Aug 2008
Lucy Creamer has been keeping her sport climbing fitness high at Raven Tor, climbing the F8b link-up of Weedkiller Traverse in to Chimes of Freedom.

Earlier in the year (before the disappearance of the famous tree) Lucy also managed an on sight ascent of Body Machine (F7c) at Raven Tor.

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=08&year=2008#n45269
 Richard Hall 19 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Good effort. One question though - what is she wearing on her feet? Looks like a Soloution slipper - didn't know they existed.
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: I was thinking it was strange this had not been reported as it seemed like a newsworthy ascent. I may be wrong but dont seem to hear british women climbing 8B that often. Well done Lucy. Its been known about for almost a month . . .
 Adam Lincoln 19 Aug 2008
In reply to Richard Hall:

Scarpa
 Adam Lincoln 19 Aug 2008
In reply to Patrick mcbride:

Was this her 4th 8b?
 Richard Hall 19 Aug 2008
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Oh yeah, sorry. Am being thick.
 Mark Stevenson 19 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Great news, I'd heard on the grapevine she had been looking strong down there recently.

It's superb to hear that Lucy is putting her minor injuries from last winter behind her and is getting seriously fit again.

After hearing more inspiring stuff about the route, a visit to the Tor and an attempt of Body Machine myself might have to be on the cards - despite the sad loss of the tree - but unfortunately not onsight ;-(.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...