UKC

Cous Cous - avoid this film like the plague

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 29 Aug 2008
I would sooner stick red hot needles in my eyes while passing a kidney stone than ever see this film again: http://www.channel4.com/film/reviews/film.jsp?id=167038

A dull and pointless 2 1/2 hour plod through the dreary and miserable lives of unpleasant and uninteresting North African immigrants in a French port. Search as I might, I was unable to find any redeeming features to this film whatsoever. I left the cinema feeling as hopeless and miserable as the main character did, just before he died at the end of this exercise in cultural masochism.
rich 29 Aug 2008
In reply to Removed User:
>
> . . . I left the cinema feeling as hopeless and miserable as the main character did, just before he died at the end . . .

eek! spoiler tags!

jazzyjackson 29 Aug 2008

A scathing crit there. would you go as far as to use the adjective PISH?

Nigel R 29 Aug 2008
In reply to Removed User: Not keen, then..?
Removed User 29 Aug 2008
In reply to jazzyjackson:
> (In reply to Eric9Points)
>
> A scathing crit there. would you go as far as to use the adjective PISH?

Pish would sum it up fairly in one word, yes.

What annoys me so much is that this veritable Tsunami of cinematographic excrement was given awards and favourable reviews. Obviously film critics can be bribed, there is no other possible explanation.

Kimono 29 Aug 2008
In reply to Removed User: well, each to his own.
Though the critics were a bit too gushy, i still rather liked it.
Dreary and miserable lives? I found them to be extremely warm and vibrant. Yes, the main protagonist was a bit lost emotionally but the 3 women in it were fantastic.
I wasnt keen on the ending and it was rather too long but all in all, a very worthwhile film for me.
 Toby S 29 Aug 2008
> (In reply to Removed Userjazzyjackson)
> [...]
>
> Pish would sum it up fairly in one word, yes.
>
> veritable Tsunami of cinematographic excrement possible explanation.

Ha! That's brilliant, can I use that phrase in regards to 'Sunshine' and the last couple of films that had Jack Black in them?

Removed User 30 Aug 2008
In reply to Toby S:
> (In reply to Eric9Points)
> [...]
>
> Ha! That's brilliant, can I use that phrase in regards to 'Sunshine' and the last couple of films that had Jack Black in them?

Only if they truly express the full force of the metaphor.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...