UKC

Joe Brown and Ronnie Corbett

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 12 Sep 2008
You've never seen them in the same room, have you???!!!

Joking apart, that man is truly a one-off . Look at the vid... Any chance of someone publishing the film he made in the Dollies for (I think) British Steel?
In reply to Rob Exile Ward: Worth a bump, I think, Check out the preview in Rocktalk. The man is the climbing equivalent of Zimmerman!
 Padraig 13 Sep 2008
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

NAH! More like Tim Brooke-Taylor!

Great Vid!
 Steve Parker 13 Sep 2008

Dear Rob,

excuse me, but wtf? What vid? Are you talking some early unreleased JB film or something? You been at the sherry trifle or what? Or is this a belated complaint about Ronnie Corbett dropping his peg hammer on someone's head while attempting to ramble his way up the Cenotaph?

Bewildered of Haworth.

Al Evans 13 Sep 2008
In reply to Rob Exile Ward: I know them both, they look nothing like each other in real life.
In reply to Steve Parker: Sorry bewildered, as Padraig says:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/#n45315

Great clip, really looking forward to the full version.
 Steve Parker 13 Sep 2008

Ah, I see. Yeah, looks good. George Smith is well-known for being rather humorous. Also well-known for spending much of his time upside down.
> You've never seen them in the same room, have you???!!!
>
> Joking apart, that man is truly a one-off . Look at the vid... Any chance of someone publishing the film he made in the Dollies for (I think) British Steel?

I think it was called "Hazard" or something like that.

I watched it loads of times as it was a popular showing at the centre I worked at in the very early 1980's.

I used to be able to repeat almost the whole dialogue. Probably could still get some of it with a prompt or two!

It would be very dated now (filmed in the 60's I think) but worth a watch for the climbing legends.

I think Mo Antoine, Don Whillans and possibly Hamish MacInnes were also in it, but I could be wrong.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...