UKC

PREVIEW: Climb Magazine - the October issue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 18 Sep 2008
October's Climb magazine is now available.

Steve McClure takes on Rich Simpson. Jugs is the topic of this month's Exposure gallery. Climbing with kids by Louise Thomas. Colin Well's previews his book, Who's Who in British Climbing. Paul Scheizer takes us up the West Ridge of the Salbitschijen and follow Steve McClure on his Stomping Grounds: PLUS a great competition.

Read more: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1272
 p3t3 18 Sep 2008
In reply to UKC Gear:

"Jugs is the topic of this month's Exposure gallery"

hehe
rich 18 Sep 2008
In reply to UKC Gear: i'm a bit confused by these posts - is it supposed to be news or a review or an advert - i'm inclined to think they're a barely disguised advert by the way which pisses me off a bit
 gingerdave13 18 Sep 2008
In reply to p3t3: rather dissapointingly they don't have the saddle head pic in there!

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1147
 Michael Ryan 18 Sep 2008
In reply to rich:

It's a preview of the latest issue, part and parcel of Climb's advertising contract with UKC.

It's not barely disguised, it is what it is.
rich 18 Sep 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: ta - i don't want to whinge on in public so i'll leave it at that
 J0 18 Sep 2008
In reply to UKC Gear:

The rich Simpson/Steve Maclure thing is good. I also like that one of our young Copleys managed to get himself in it on CB
 gingerdave13 18 Sep 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: just a bit of a strange thought but shouldn't a 'preview' be before it somes out (and hasn't this been the shelf for a few days now?)
 Michael Ryan 18 Sep 2008
In reply to gingerdave13:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) just a bit of a strange thought but shouldn't a 'preview' be before it somes out (and hasn't this been the shelf for a few days now?)

No. We've redefined preview in this instance Dave, OK!

Next.

Niall 18 Sep 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Not to be confused with a review? Or a sea-view?
 GrahamD 18 Sep 2008
In reply to Niall:

Or, indeed, an advert.
 Niall 18 Sep 2008
In reply to GrahamD:

If it pays for the forum, I've got no problem with that. It's pretty obvious that it's a plug, I don't think anybody's under any other illusion?
 Michael Ryan 18 Sep 2008
In reply to GrahamD:
> (In reply to Niall)
>
> Or, indeed, an advert.

Yes it is an advert for the current issue of Climb. Look at it and decide if you want to buy.

The climbing media at this present time need all the help they can get - or you won't have any, that includes all of us.

Fact: advertising is essential for any climbing media. It pays the bills.

Michael Ryan 18 Sep 2008
In reply to Niall:
> (In reply to GrahamD)
>
> If it pays for the forum.

It pays for the News, Articles, Logbooks, Photo Galleries, Forums, Databases, Gear pages...the whole caboodle that is UKClimbing.com.

gingerdave13 18 Sep 2008

ok, ok,,, anyway at least it's keeping it near the top, more views etc..

(i do have a subscription - so i'm doing my part for the media)
 Michael Ryan 18 Sep 2008
In reply to gingerdave13:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> ok, ok,,, anyway at least it's keeping it near the top, more views etc..

Quite.

> (i do have a subscription - so i'm doing my part for the media)

Nice Dave. Subscriptions are essential for the UK's climbing's magazines.

The Bantam 18 Sep 2008

Why do people always complain about these preview things? This isn't the BBC you know. So what if it is an advert. And it is hardly intrusive - I suspect you are ignoring threads about the place that don't interest you without complaining about them being on the site.

*end rant*
 GrahamD 18 Sep 2008

And therefore it pays to give it a free plug
 graeme jackson 18 Sep 2008
In reply to UKC Gear: bet it won't be as interesting or exciting as this months Trail magazine.
 Bulls Crack 18 Sep 2008
In reply to p3t3:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> "Jugs is the topic of this month's Exposure gallery"
>
> hehe

There's ging to be a few disappointed punters trying to rol up to Craig Arthu '5 minutes' after leaving llangollen!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...