UKC

VIDEO - Graham Desroy - Jerry's Roof (V9) Aged 50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 18 Sep 2008
Graham Desroy is one of Britain's most colourful climbing personalities (mainly due to his taste in Hawaiian shirts!). In this short film he climbs the celebrated boulder problem Jerry's Roof (V9) in the Llanberis Pass.

Graham first climbed the problem whilst still hung-over from his 50th birthday, which is an impressive feat, but what gave Graham the most satisfaction was the fact that his son Liam (a super-boulderer), on this occasion couldn't match his efforts! There is nothing like a little father / son rivalry...

Watch The Video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1245
 Tom Briggs 18 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Liam has just climbed his first Font 8b:
http://www.moonclimbing.com/Moonblog.aspx?ID=867

Presumably the UK's strongest father and son team?
 David Peters 18 Sep 2008
In reply to Tom Briggs: Two things :-

1. Well done Streaky on completing the problem

2. No wonder they gave the video clip to UKC ... its rubbish! it doesnt show anything of the problem just some washed out sillouette that could be anywhere - I presume they kept the good footage for the dvd.
 Michael Ryan 18 Sep 2008
In reply to David Peters:

"This clip was going to appear in the upcoming film 'Upside Down Wales', but the film team over in Wales kindly gave it to UKClimbing.com instead. More info on Upside Down Wales will be released on UKC soon - watch this space."
 David Peters 18 Sep 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Thanks Mick, but I think I covered that in point number 2, it's still rubbish (but a fine effort).
 Michael Ryan 18 Sep 2008
In reply to David Peters:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) Thanks Mick, but I think I covered that in point number 2, it's still rubbish (but a fine effort).

I thought is was great and funny.

Good to see Mr. Steelfingers himself still cranking hard.

john howard 1 19 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: cool clip, cheers

Peakpdr 19 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: rubbish video .. fantastic effort though looking foward to his 60th
 Paul Clarke 30 Sep 2008

Streaky only 50???

now I feel really old.

Good effort

Paul
Tim Emmett 30 Sep 2008

Go Streaky ! Legend
 lummox 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Paul Clarke:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC)
>
>
> Streaky only 50???
>
>It`s just that he has more hair than you ( or me) Paul : )
In reply to Paul Clarke: The fact that he claims to be only 50 shows the neck of the man.

I can remember him struggling to second Doubting Thomas at least thirty years ago!

How come he claims to climb harder than that at such an advanced age?
 slacky 02 Oct 2008
In reply to wharfedalemitch:
>
> How come he claims to climb harder than that at such an advanced age?

He's improved with time, but hasn't yet reached an age where is body is in decline?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...