UKC

Al Gore urges civil disobedience

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 29 Sep 2008
Who'd have thought it from an ex-presidential candidate:

"If you're a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done, I believe we have reached the stage where it is time for civil disobedience to prevent the construction of new coal plants that do not have carbon capture and sequestration,"

In the US there are about 28 coal plants are under construction in the United States. Another 20 projects have permits or are near the start of construction.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/environmentNews/idUKTRE48N7AA20080924

Add to that the recent ruling that the Greenpeace activists were justified in their Kingsnorth action and maybe things are looking up.
In reply to stp: Rage Against The Machine....Al Gore....Who'd have thunk it?
 TRNovice 29 Sep 2008
In reply to Hugh J:

He meant that if you are going to disobey, you should at least be civil about it.
 woolsack 29 Sep 2008
In reply to TRNovice: Its pretty decent of him to be stood up there on the front line, shoulder to shoulder with the other Limousine liberals
 TRNovice 30 Sep 2008
In reply to woolsack:

Did you make that epithet up by yourself?
petrophile 30 Sep 2008
In reply to woolsack:
> (In reply to TRNovice) Its pretty decent of him to be stood up there on the front line, shoulder to shoulder with the other Limousine liberals

Right on man! Just like that Jimmy Carter bloke - always stirring up sh!t. We just don't need them types at all.
 Nevis-the-cat 30 Sep 2008
In reply to stp:

Is this the same man married to Tipper Gore - creater of the Parental Advisory Label?

Zappa must be pissing himself in his grave.
Soren Lorenson 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Nevis-the-cat:

Ah the parental advisory label. At least it has out lived the late lamented Channel 4 red triangle. Many a time I've awoke with a cold kebab on my chest after passing out before the hot lesbo action promised by the red triangle.
 KeithW 30 Sep 2008
In reply to Soren Lorenson:

I remember a Viz cover at the time, it featured a big red triangle saying:

"Warning - This comic has bollocks written on the cover"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...