UKC

NEWS: Dave Graham on Hubble: and moving to Sheffield!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 16 Oct 2008
Keith Sharples reports for UKClimbing.com from Raven Tor in the Peak District

"Yesterday a tsunami blasted Raven Tor in the Peak District. I refer, not to something generated by the weather, but to top American climber, Mr David Graham who is currently in the UK as part of his European lecture tour...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=10&year=2008#n45382

Dave Graham's UK lecture tour is supported by Lyon Equipment, Petzl, UKClimbing.com and organised by Heason Events.
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Cool,
according to heason events he's off ireland tomorrow, so is that it then for the time being? Shame he didnt get longer.

cheers
Tim
 Morgan Woods 16 Oct 2008

According to Keith:

"at a time when most US-centric news is bitter, if not toxic, Dave Graham might well turn out to be the perfect antidote, at least for us climbers anyway."

which is surely a bit of a long bow to draw. I'm sure most climbers would be thinking it's great a visiting hotshot is getting on some of the country's hardest routes rather than concentrating on the fact DG is American.
 Monk 16 Oct 2008
In reply to Morgan Woods:

Isn't that what he is saying though? That it is a welcome good thing to come out of the US?
 James Oswald 16 Oct 2008
Will he be coming to the onsight premiere!? I hope he is
 James Oswald 16 Oct 2008
I wonder if he will try and make the FA of the impossible groove .
 Scott22 16 Oct 2008
In reply to james oswald:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
> I wonder if he will try and make the FA of the impossible groove .

Take the hint! It's impossible....
 Enty 16 Oct 2008

Just make sure he doesn't drive straight past Raven Tor like that other famous Yank.

The Ent
 Owen W-G 16 Oct 2008
In reply to Enty:

Who is this mysterious yank?
 James Oswald 16 Oct 2008
In reply to Enty:
Sharma?
 Tyler 16 Oct 2008
In reply to james oswald:

I think it was Alan Watts wasn't it?
 Enty 16 Oct 2008
In reply to Tyler:

That's him. Back in the 80's came over to have look at some of the UK's hardest routes. Drove right past it thinking "that can't be it!" LOL

Then a Frenchie came over and soloed Revelations!!!

The Ent
 MattH 17 Oct 2008
In reply to Enty:
Dave did indeed come to the premiere last night. Then went back out to the Plantation where he and Ryan had left their pads under the Ace. Not sure if they got it or not, may have been drizzling...
notreallyasquamishlocalatall 17 Oct 2008

Matt Segal, Alex Honnold and Kevin Jorgenson are over in the UK too. This says Matt flashed Brad Pit and Alex an E6...

http://www.mattsegal.com/
 Sean_J 17 Oct 2008
In reply to notreallyasquamishlocalatall: Met the three of them at Ilkley today. On-sight solo of Wellington crack, an onsight of Milky Way and the sixth(?) ascent of New Statesman was just some of the collective ticks accumulated today. Amazing!
 Enty 17 Oct 2008
In reply to Sean_J:

Wow! Sounds like a strong team. Well done!

The Ent
Anonymous 17 Oct 2008
In reply to Enty: looking forward to the US grades..
OP Michael Ryan 17 Oct 2008
In reply to notreallyasquamishlocalatall:

cheers

on it
 Oliver Wright 18 Oct 2008
Crikey that's one impresive list of ascents. Just an on sight solo of Wellington crack is amazing, it get's E4 and you can stitch it up - if it had no gear I don't what grade it would get! Was New Statement done in a day, brilliant effort anyway, but if it was done in a day wow!

Top effort guys.

Ol

PS Not sure why this thread doesn't have a 100 replys given the rockfax love of onsight and grit..........
 Sean_J 18 Oct 2008
In reply to Oliver Wright: Think NS was done in 2 sessions - TR practice on Wednesday and a bit more TRing plus the lead yesterday. Not quite in a single day, but pretty quickly nonetheless!
 Minka 18 Oct 2008
In reply to tbertenshaw:

Went to his talk in Dublin yesterday, he is one excellent speaker!
 TobyA 18 Oct 2008
In reply to notreallyasquamishlocalatall:

> Matt Segal, Alex Honnold and Kevin Jorgenson are over in the UK too. This says Matt flashed Brad Pit and Alex an E6...
>
> http://www.mattsegal.com/

It says a slopey arete - would that be Ulysses? That is quite a flash. Good effort to the American lads!

Adam Lincoln 18 Oct 2008
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to notreallyasquamishlocalatall)
>
> [...]
>
> It says a slopey arete - would that be Ulysses? That is quite a flash. Good effort to the American lads!

Yes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...