UKC

OMM again!! on C4 plus 1 now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Fauvé 26 Oct 2008
Well, I haven't seen it and some others may not have!
 space monkey 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Fauvé: thats good concluding that it is the tax payer that will have to pay for the rescue operation.
Fauvé 26 Oct 2008
In reply to space monkey:

I know, but as taxpayers we do end up paying for most things!

I liked the lady organiser, with her "get a grip" attitude, people know what they're letting themselves in for!
 space monkey 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Fauvé: yeah ut does make me laugh that people are trying to blame one person or group of people. But what about the 2000 grown men and women who can make their owns minds up and carried on and did.
Fauvé 26 Oct 2008
> (In reply to Fauvé) yeah ut does make me laugh that people are trying to blame one person or group of people. But what about the 2000 grown men and women who can make their owns minds up and carried on and did.

Barking innit? Still, I expect some people are glad it was all called off. To be fair, the weather looked pretty pants.

Years ago I may have stayed out in my tent, nowadays, whisky and hotel all the way!

Niall 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Fauvé:

Steven Nolan's going to be getting red-faced and loud about it on 5Live tonight. On behalf of the people of Northern Ireland, I'd like to apologise for him.
Fauvé 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Niall:
> (In reply to Fauvé)
>
> Steven Nolan's going to be getting red-faced and loud about it on 5Live tonight. On behalf of the people of Northern Ireland, I'd like to apologise for him.

Lol! He's not that bad is he? Would have thought Harry going to Spurs would have been the main topic.
 Niall 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Fauvé:

He's f***ing awful mate, I'm embarrassed that he's one of our exports
> (In reply to Fauvé) thats good concluding that it is the tax payer that will have to pay for the rescue operation.

The rescue operation could run into.. wait for it.. thousands of pounds..
Fauvé 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Niall:
> (In reply to Fauvé)
>
> He's f***ing awful mate, I'm embarrassed that he's one of our exports

I don't mind people that get all animated! Might have to have a wee listen..
Fauvé 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Neil Kazimierz Sheridan:
> (In reply to space monkey)
> [...]
>
> The rescue operation could run into.. wait for it.. thousands of pounds..

Every operation seems to cost thousands of pounds!

I wonder if there is a way of finding out exactly how much such an operation would cost? Are these things publisehd? Must be a resource somewhere..

probablylost 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Fauvé: From my experiences of these things any involvement of a heli knocks costs up massively - but then that heli crew needs training time anyway.
 The Mole 26 Oct 2008
> (In reply to Fauvé) thats good concluding that it is the tax payer that will have to pay for the rescue operation.

That boiled my p**s! I don't see how?
MRT in England and Wales are funded through public donations and the RAF write it off as training. Don't see how this is a burden on the tax-payer?
 MJH 26 Oct 2008
In reply to space monkey: How many actually needed rescuing anyway?
In reply to MJH:
> (In reply to space monkey) How many actually needed rescuing anyway?

according to the news on BBC tonight, the number was 7 that needed rescuing. Probably less than the number of Newcastle fans that needed rescuing on Saturday afternoon after they tried to have it out with several tens of thousands of Sunderland supporters.
 diggers 26 Oct 2008
In reply to Fauvé: I was up there this weekend, not racing, but did go running on the saturday around the Honiston Pass and saw a few OMM runners out, everyone i saw on the hills was having a good time.

The chopper boys were having a great time this morning, not sure they were too concerned as one landed so that the crew could nip out and use the porter loos in near the orginal campsite!

It was awesome running on saturday, a great memory and experience - I had a great time as did all the other people I spoke to.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...