UKC

3rd ascent of The Promise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Björn 02 Nov 2008
Didn't anyone notice Alex Honnold's ascent or are you just embarrassed cause it Yanks: 2 Brits: 1? (yeah, yeah, I know, Swedes 0). Interesting though that he, as it seems, found it slightly harder than Kevin, giving it 7a for tech grade.
 kareylarey 02 Nov 2008
In reply to Björn: Tenner if this doesn't get pulled.
 Fraser 02 Nov 2008
In reply to Björn:

Didn't notice but assuming it's legit, what E-grade does he give it?
 Liam Copley 02 Nov 2008
In reply to Björn: have any of them tried the groove? or smilling buttres? i wonder if they could make quick work of them ... ?
Björn 02 Nov 2008
In reply to Fraser: He gave it E8 7a, so I guess he found it slightly harder than Kevin did, right?
 Adam Lincoln 02 Nov 2008
In reply to Björn:

We noticed it Bjorn, but didn't feel the need to comment. Climbing isn't a competition, like 8a.nu try to make it into.

I for one think its great the Americans are coming over here and doing our routes fast. I am just glad they have had a really good spell of weather.

Just wait till Ethan Pringle comes over, now i am sure he will have even more success.
Bjorn 02 Nov 2008
In reply to Adam Lincoln:
> (In reply to Björn)
>
>Climbing isn't a competition, like 8a.nu try to make it into.
Oh, it's not that we're trying to make everything into a competition. I can only speak for myself, but I'm simply a nerd.

Chris F 03 Nov 2008
In reply to Bjorn: A nerd who uses how long it takes someone to do a problem to give it a grade. Way to go genius.

FAIL.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...