UKC

why's MCC been so quiet recently?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Fox 07 Dec 2008
any ideas?
 Dan Lane 07 Dec 2008
In reply to The Fox:

Because they chuck you out 20 MINUTES before closing time. I also think that most of the grades are wrong.

Dan
 Dan Lane 07 Dec 2008
In reply to The Fox:

The other local walls let you climb until closing time and don't mind if you are packing up til about 10 past.

Dan
 vincentvega 07 Dec 2008
In reply to The Fox:

because awesome walls stockport is a far better wall!!
 SecretSquirrel 07 Dec 2008
In reply to vincentvega:
manchester wall is good too, but their cafe is expensive.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 07 Dec 2008
In reply to vincentvega: No it isn't.
Chris Tan Ver. LI - On the Bog 07 Dec 2008
In reply to SecretSquirrel:

Chocolate Abyssssss! More grams than a full set of DMM quickdraws... what else could be better?

SPICED Chocolate Abyssssssssss!
Derbyshire Ben 07 Dec 2008
In reply to The Fox:

Errr... 3 consecutive weekends of good weather perhaps?
expert1 07 Dec 2008
In reply to dan lane: If you had to work til 10 at night I'm sure you wouldn't be bothered about finishing on time!!
 Dan Lane 07 Dec 2008
In reply to expert1:

No not if i was working. But i was climbing and i wanted to climb until closing time.

It is the norm to close at closing time not 20 minutes before it.

And awesome walls is just miles better.

Dan
nick Davis 07 Dec 2008
In reply to dan lane: i heard it was awesome. i dunno wouldnt you want to get home asap if you were working at 10?!
ukminch 07 Dec 2008
In reply to nick Davis:
Not commenting on the wall itself at all. But surely if you close at 10 the staff wouldn't expect to leave until at least half 10, possibly 11? It's like a bar,once everybodies out the clearing up can begin.

Rob
 Lord_ash2000 08 Dec 2008
In reply to dan lane: I've only been twice but me and some friends were in and climbing tonight until 5min's before closing and no one said a thing, couple of people were still bouldering. Don't think we actually left until dead on closing time and even then we were not encouraged to leave. Not been to stockport wall yet but plan to make a trip.
ypy 08 Dec 2008
MCC is normally a regular haunt for me but I've been at Awesome Walls more as I have a pass now.
Anonymous 08 Dec 2008
In reply to ukminch:

i agree with you abt the cleaning up time but it's a climbing wall, cleaning can happen in the morning when they reopen, how many climbing walls you know have a lunchtime rush?

they should work till 10 not inform people to start finshing off by 940. people pay and should climb till they want. or get a partial refund??
 Mita 08 Dec 2008
In reply to The Fox: It was busy yesterday....
hygor 18 Dec 2008
In reply to The Fox: Its always fairly quiet when I get there straight after work on a Tuesday, but is usually pretty packed by 8pm.

I like it at MCC and I like Awesome Walls, its nice to have a few indoor alternatives in the area.

Anyone been to the one in Marple?... I've not tried it yet so not sure what it's like.
 Lord_ash2000 18 Dec 2008
In reply to The Fox: It was rammed today
 ck85 18 Dec 2008
In reply to hygor: I went to the Marple wall when the leading ladder was there. It's quite small but seems ok, good if you want to go for a bit of variety but I think if it was the only one around you'd get fed up of it pretty quickly. There's a cool looking featured wall (which apparently you can trad lead according to one of the staff!) and a mega steep overhang but that's short.
 felixthelion 18 Dec 2008
In reply to The Fox:

Are you Andy Jack?! As in the silver fox?
hygor 18 Dec 2008
In reply to ck85: Thanks for the heads-up, will give it a look in the next month or so!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...