UKC

The big dyno roaches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BenNorman 04 Jan 2009
Tried the big dyno at roaches lower tier yesterday
its a great move and an inspirirng boulder
how have people done it and does anyone have video footage

cheers
 StuM 04 Jan 2009
In reply to b3n99:

I did it a few years ago. can be done left handed or double handed (probably right handed too but the hold doesn't suit that quite as well).

Beta: Both hands in undercut (obviously) in whatever position suits you, use a low right foot smear/small flake thing and left foot is up by your hands (think there is an obvious polished nubbin). you need to work out if you want your left knee inside or out of your left hand, I can't remember which I did. When you go for the move, push with your right foot as far as you can (arms almost straight) then kick really hard with your left leg. Keep eyes on the finishing hold, catch it, match it and top out (which is easy).

Hope that helps

Stu
Mini 04 Jan 2009
In reply to StuM: Stu, did you not once have a wee video of us bouldering up the Roaches. I'm sure you got Andi T on there doing the dyno double???
 StuM 04 Jan 2009
In reply to Mini:

Think thats a different Stu... I remember seeing a video of it somewhere though, possibly UKB?
In reply to StuM:

It's on GCW's dyno thread on UKB.

"My Dyno's Bigger Than Your Dyno" I think.
 205Chris 04 Jan 2009
In reply to bentley's biceps:

Try Here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=phAQIvkTU0c

It's about 1 minute in.

Here's another tip - try not to smack your face on the way up, it hurts and leads to awkward questions at work as to why you have what looks like carpet burns on your face.
 mrjonathanr 04 Jan 2009
In reply to 205Chris:
Is that Roger Federer at 1.18?
 andi turner 04 Jan 2009
In reply to Mini:

Just found it, Dreadlocks and all!

http://www.hongkongclimbing.com/gallery/videos/videos.htm

It's at the bottom of the list, I had to right click and 'save target as' to view it.
Mini 04 Jan 2009
In reply to andi turner: Ee by gum, them were days lad eh?
 JR 04 Jan 2009

In reply to b3n99:

There's a video of it at the beginning of a gritstone year. That will be on youtube somewhere.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...