UKC

Awesome Walls Climbing Centres News Update

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
AWESOME WALL NEWS UPDATE

BMC ‘Leading Ladder’ - Free AWCC Mini Karabiner To All Entrants
The BMC ‘Leading Ladder’ is here again at Stockport, Ian Vickers and Jamie Cassidy have been carefully crafting the routes up a variety of angles for you to enjoy (if that's the right word!). Entering the ‘Leading Ladder’ only costs £1.00 (plus normal entrance fee) and everyone that enters this round of the ‘Leading Ladder’ will be given a free ’Awesome Walls’ mini karabiner!

Wild Country and Red Chili Night Wednesday 18th February 25% 0ff RRP*
Our friends at Wild Country and Alpenstock will be hosting a ‘Demo Evening’ on the above date at AWCC Stockport. They have kindly offered our members a huge 25% discount* on all orders taken on the evening. Don’t worry, if you’re not a member you can sign up at NO COST then receive your 25% off*!
* 25% off selected Wild Country hardwear

Book Sale
We currently have several climbing titles that we selling at less than 50% RRP. These are a limited stock so first come first served.

Leading Ladies Sundays 4pm – 7.30pm
We started this session to encourage women climbers to meet other likeminded ladies. We will be offering at least one instructor on hand for coaching purposes if you wish to utilise them. The sessions will be run with different instructors each month offering their wealth of experience. Sundays from 4.00pm until 7.30pm with a trip to the local pub after if everyone is in favour.

Extended Opening Hours Saturday and Sunday 10am – 8pm
Many people ask us ‘when are your quiet times’, we would normally say Mon to Fri 10am to 5pm but these slots don’t generally fit in well with the average working person so we’ve extended our weekend opening times to 8pm.

Liverpool New Climbing Surfaces
The Geordie lads from 'Rockworks' have been visiting AWCC Liverpool over the last couple of weeks. The panels on the blue vertical wall have been ripped out and replaced with a higher density t-nut grid (100 per panel as opposed to 64 per panel) with super friction. Side profiles have been added to the 'AWESOME' back wall. Both these new additions will give even more variety for great route setting! The 12m free standing pinnacle is next on the list to get a face lift. More bolt-on placements will be added and a new friction surface will be added all over (please form an orderly queue for the 1st (new) ascent of the crack!).

And Finally - A Big Thanks To Our Customers
We realise that money is a bit tight at the moment and the fact you still want to spend it on your passion at our Climbing Centre(s) means a lot to us. As mentioned in a previous post we were due to increase prices late 2008 but put it off as a good will gesture over the Christmas period due to the credit crunch. We still have not increased the prices but this will have to happen at some point soon. The proposed date for this is 1st March 2009.

We will continue to try and provide a clean and tidy centre(s) with a friendly atmosphere that boasts regularly set routes and problems.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this (it’s a bit longer than usual!)

Dave Douglas
Managing Director
Awesome Walls Climbing Centres Ltd

zorro 30 Jan 2009
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool:

I visited the Liverpool wall last night. Had a blast. If I'm working up there again I'll definatly visit.

£7 for the amount of bouldering surfaces there is a bargain!
 David Hooper 06 Feb 2009

Dont forget to mention the luchtime specials for us tight g*ts Dave - £3.50 for 2 hours......bargain........ever if we do have to put up with Roger calling time like a disgruntled barmaid
 David Hooper 12 Feb 2009

Hi Dave

Can I just mention that I still have a couple of places for Climbing Wall Award training ( with optional abseil module) on 24th & 25th at Awesome and 1 place left on the assessment course on 26th Feb

People can mail me through here if interested.

Cheers

David
 James Oswald 13 Feb 2009
Small footholds on the traverse at the Stockport please.
Just thought I'd remind you (I have another post).

James
In reply to james oswald:

Hi James

I'll have a look at it. We've hundreds of screw ons so I don't see why not on the harder stuff.

Cheers

Dave D

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...