UKC

Metolius Portable Power Grips

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sarah H 12 Feb 2009
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but will see if it gets moved...

I'm going away for a few weeks and am unlikely to have the chance to climb whilst away. I'll be staying in hotels with gyms so will have access to standard gym equipment. I was thinking of buying some rock rings to take with me so I could keep some fingerstrength up whilst away (I normally fingerboard a couple of times a week if I can).

Whilst looking up rock rings I saw that in the USA Metolius make (or made) Portable Power Grips. Has anyone used these and do you have an opinion on them? Also do you know of any UK stockists? Alternatively is there an alternative to Metolius rings?

I will be in the USA so could order something to be sent to my first hotel there if necessary.

In case this influences whether Rock Rings (or alternatives would be worthwhile) I currently use one of the wooden Metolius boards, but tend to use the smallest holds for 2 or 3 finger hangs as despite being a complete punter I seem to have quite strong fingers. I do use the other slots/jugs for pull-ups though.
 James Oswald 12 Feb 2009
In reply to Sarah H:
Not tried the PPGs but you could buy a pair of RRs and fill the front of the smallest holds with cement to make the holds smaller.
James
Sarah H 12 Feb 2009
Thanks James, that's one option! To be honest though, the size of the smallest pockets (if they were too large) would be something I could probably cope with by just putting less of my finger in in the first place...something I do on the current board as it is.
One of the things that does put me off the RRs is the weight (2.4kg) and bulk when I'm going to be taking lots of flights etc.
 Bill Davidson 12 Feb 2009
In reply to Sarah H:

The RR's are really good, and to be honest dont weigh to much if you get your priorities right
Buy them in America though as they will be much cheaper.
Just take spare cord with you so you can hang them on a variety of placements

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...