UKC

Bouldering at Stockport wall - too easy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tris 19 Mar 2009
Is it just me or is the grading way out?

Either that or gravity is lower in that room... it's great for your ego though.

neil O'Brien 19 Mar 2009
In reply to Tris:

tru the grades there do make you feel like some sort of bouldering hero , not that im complaning i happen to like feeling like im dead strong even when im not

In reply to Tris: The problems are generally overgraded but interesting. I'd rather that than the other way round. I will try the latest lot this evening.
 James Oswald 19 Mar 2009
In reply to Tris:
Agreed.
 maybe_si 19 Mar 2009
In reply to Tris:

id much rather have good problems with poor grading than poor problems graded well!
 James Oswald 19 Mar 2009
In reply to maybe_si:
Agreed!
 benj_d 19 Mar 2009
In reply to Tris:

I havent been to stockport wall but I find that nearly all indoor bouldering grades never seem to be accurate. But I guess the important thing is that you enjoy the problems and they help you improve.
 mrjonathanr 19 Mar 2009
In reply to Tris:
The bouldering isn't too easy. Have you done every problem there?
Forget about the little pieces of paper with numbers on and just enjoy the problems- they're mostly excellent.
 Col Allott 19 Mar 2009
In reply to maybe_si:
> (In reply to Tris)
>
> id much rather have good problems with poor grading than poor problems graded well!

well said! I know the grades are easier at stockport, but they match my outdoor capabilities spot on. All other walls are too hard!

Was down this evening. As usual the problems were of a high standard. I find this talk of the grading being easy a bit picky. The problems are certainly not too easy. Who really cares what arbitrary number someone assigns to a temporary sequence of plastic? Judge the difficulty yourself as everybody is different and enjoy the problems for what they are.
 maybe_si 19 Mar 2009
In reply to Robertostallioni:

well said! was i climbing with you tonight? im tall and hairy!
In reply to maybe_si: Lots of tall hairy folk there last evening! You could have been anyone!

OP: The easy problems are overgraded by the way but fun as usual.
In reply to maybe_si: Perhaps. I'd be the strong, handsome modest one....
 mrjonathanr 20 Mar 2009
The second one clearly doesn't wear specs and can't climb 7a. Will the real Roberto please step forward?
In reply to mrjonathanr: Beaky baldy Bastyd? http://www.metapeeps.com/images/famous_images/Sam_the_Eagle.jpg

Its a strong look. All the kids'll be wanting a (mildly)receding hairline this time next year.
 kevin stephens 20 Mar 2009
In reply to Tris:

Get yourself to Broughton then

http://broughtonpower.wetpaint.com/
 mrjonathanr 20 Mar 2009
I guess we're just born to lead.
 mrjonathanr 20 Mar 2009
In reply to kevin stephens:
And from the website, I quote:

''Welcome to Broughton Wall

It's 2009. And against all odds Broughton climbing wall still continues to be the best training venue around. Defying the steady march of housing development, this little corner of inner city Manchesta is just what your fingers need to whip them into shape. Yes. You can go and drink lattes at MCC and look at the Czech girls.''

Yes please. How do I get to the MCC?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...