UKC

DWS - inflatable sea kayak vs kids inflatable

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 francois 29 May 2009
Which would be the best option? I'm looking to use it for taking pics and extra safety when DWS-ing. I guess it's harder to get someone on board a kayak than on a small dinghy, but the kayaks look like they have a sturdier build. Any views on this?

F
 howlingbaboon 29 May 2009
In reply to francois: I tried to pay a close visit to the seals in San Francisco in an inflatable kayak. Unfortunatly it sank and I had drag myself onto the pier quickly before the Alcatraz boat flattened me. I think I may have grazed past a barnacle encrusted post which may have caused the problem. Not sure how hard wearing they are.
 Sam Mayfield 29 May 2009
In reply to francois:

We bought the double seat inflatable from Decathlon 4 years ago and it comes out each September for the DWS festival on the Costa Blanca.

Its great for this as you can seat 2 with seats or take them out and 3 can clamber aboard! Fits in a bag in the boot of the car, although a bit heavy to carry across a hot beach on your own!

I am just looking at getting another one as we speak to use here at Pembroke so if you find a good deal please let me know.

Regards Sam Orange

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...