UKC

Karen Darke and Andy Kirkpatrick in a kayak

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chrisprescott 29 May 2009
Thought some may be interested, documentary following Karen Darke and Andy K kayaking in Patagonia is now on Iplayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00kpydl/Karens_Ultimate_Challenge/
 AlisonS 29 May 2009
In reply to chrisprescott:

Cool! Thanks for posting that link. Very uplifting.

Makes me want to go off and have an adventure of my own.
 Scarab 30 May 2009
Oh thx a lot. Interesting to see that documentary. Having read Andys book its interesting to see that he divorced his wife due to lifestyle. Makes you think a bit...
OP chrisprescott 30 May 2009
In reply to AlisonS: Tell me about it, haven't been out in the Kayak for a while and watching that motivated me to go out again today. I went kayaking in Greenland for 3 weeks a couple of years back and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, definitely need to organise something similar soon
 Scarab 30 May 2009

Yeah I agree too. Was just going to see my spraydeck and drysuit. This got me going, not to mention the weather!
 Newbuild100 31 May 2009
In reply to Scarab: Maybe not in the right section but is anyone interested in Karen Darkes book "if you fall".
Im clearing my shelves, for more books, and some have to go.
£5 or near offers plus P/p anyone ??
 James B 31 May 2009

Thanks for that.
Removed User 01 Jun 2009
In reply to Scarab:
> Oh thx a lot. Interesting to see that documentary. Having read Andys book its interesting to see that he divorced his wife due to lifestyle. Makes you think a bit...

If you think about it, that simply means they had different goals in life, which I would have thought accounts for alot of divorces.
Removed User 01 Jun 2009

what a knobache, I can't watch this as I'm outside the UK.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...