UKC

Accident Today at Tremadog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 trigger118 12 Jul 2009
I fell off of Christmas Curry today at Tremadog and want to thank those that helped (Rachel and Darren and the other pair whose names I didnt catch) not seriously hurt, but a bit shaken and appreciate their help in getting me down safely.
 Will Hunt 12 Jul 2009
In reply to trigger118:
When was this? We just had time for Valerie's Rib between about 2 and 4 then had to go.
OP trigger118 12 Jul 2009
In reply to Will Hunt:

we left at about 2 so you would have just missed it, we were sitting outside erics cafe before we left though.
 robin52 15 Jul 2009
In reply to trigger118:
Pleased to hear that you are OK, could have been a lot worse especially if hadn't been wearing a helmet. You fell off one of the alternative finishes to Christmas Curry, namely the 'Treemudrock finish' which goes at VS 4c and as thhe name implies is full of vegetation. The normal finish steps left a short way up the groove you were climbing and finishes easily up the wall from there. The more popular micah finish goes to the right from where you ended up and finishes up the arete. Take care and keep wearing that helmet. PS I was one of the other pair.
 Blue Straggler 16 Jul 2009
In reply to robin52:
> You fell off one of the alternative finishes to Christmas Curry, namely the 'Treemudrock finish'

Oooh I got confused and sent a mate that way, he took his first ever lead fall but was OK (just unhappy with me!). Then I couldn't second it cleanly, and another mate trying for his ML decided to get some assisted hoist practise in. It was embarrassing for me

It is a manky finish, really. I wouldn't really recommend it (then again if enough people do it, it'll get clean...but then you couldn't call it Treemudrock...)
Glad the OP is OK.
 tom r 16 Jul 2009
In reply to trigger118: The guide book description for Christmas Curry is terrible especially round the second and third pitches, I think there was a accident from somebody going the wrong way some years ago.
 staceyjg 16 Jul 2009
In reply to trigger118:

We were at Tremadog on Sunday, just finishing Poor Mans Peutery at that time, so were none the wiser that there had been an incident. Pleased to hear that you are OK, and it was nothing more serious.

Anonymous 16 Jul 2009
In reply to tom r:
> (In reply to trigger118) The guide book description for Christmas Curry is terrible especially round the second and third pitches, I think there was a accident from somebody going the wrong way some years ago.

It follows the easiest line, and it is obvious where it goes. A bit of common sense goes a long way, even at Tremadog.
Removed User 16 Jul 2009
In reply to Anonymous:

I have had to "Rescue" someone who got sucked into the VS finish before.

Some people just seem to get the bit between their teeth and head stright up from the belay.

Although to be fair both the 100 Classics and Ground Up guide books show pretty clearly that the S finish is to the left.

Gary.
 sutty 16 Jul 2009
In reply to trigger118:

A tip for doing any route like that is forget the guidebook description and look for the easiest way the people who did the route originally took, if it was the first route on the buttress. Doing variations is a bit different, then you have to get inside the FA persons mind to what they set out to achieve.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...