UKC

Climbing coaching books?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Climbpsyched 29 Jul 2009
Hi there,
I am looking for a good book on coaching climbing techniques. I have books on the technical side of climbing but I am looking for something with more in depth coaching processes. If you know of any could you let me know please.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 29 Jul 2009
In reply to egoseroner: Hi

Pesda Press have brought out a book called climbing games.

They also have a book in the pipeline called how to climb harder that has a chapter on the skills of a coach, as well as loads of ideas on how to 'coach' various skills. It is due out late this year early next. It was written by myself.

In the mean time look for coaching process for mountaineers at Plas Y brenin or in the autumn I will run a coaching for instructors courses in North Wales.

I have also put some coaching processes stuff on my climbing coach blog.
 AlH 29 Jul 2009
In reply to Mark Reeves: Another vote for both Climbing Games and the Coaching Processes course.
Great to hear you have a book on this coming out too Mark, I look forward to it and more publications as coaching in climbing increases in profile.
Al
Climbpsyched 29 Jul 2009
Thanks! I will be getting the climbing game book for sure and will keep an eye out for the new book. Had a good read through the blog aswell.
cheers,
Paul.
 Craig Geddes 29 Jul 2009
In reply to egoseroner: If DVD's are an option Neil Greshams master classes are supposed to be very good according to friends who climb massively harder than me! They're on needlesports.
 petestack 29 Jul 2009
In reply to egoseroner:

You could also apply much of 'The Self-Coached Climber' to coaching others, as well as finding the deeper treatment helpful when choosing activities from a simpler book like 'Climbing Games'. They're usefully complementary IMHO.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...