UKC

Lofoten jump

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt_b 31 Jul 2009
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 31 Jul 2009
In reply to Matt_b:

I don't think that we (in the guide) suggested that the jump was impossible, just that it was harder/scarier and that the local guides will no longer take clients up there to do it.

Chris
gourd 31 Jul 2009
In reply to Matt_b:

That looks terrifying!!
 beardy mike 31 Jul 2009
In reply to Matt_b: How do we know? All we cab see is the take off
 Will Hunt 31 Jul 2009
In reply to Chris Craggs:

How can it get harder? Polish?
In reply to Will Hunt:

A big chunk fell off the inside on the lower horn, making the the gap wider and the landing area smaller!

Chris
OP Matt_b 31 Jul 2009
In reply to Chris Craggs: Indeed it is scary. I didn't jump it myself for those reasons. I left pete up there tied off on a length of rope that he would not hit the floor on, while I ab'ed down and ran up the hill. This was jump number five when I got the right shot...
> (In reply to Chris Craggs) Indeed it is scary. I didn't jump it myself for those reasons. I left pete up there tied off on a length of rope that he would not hit the floor on, while I ab'ed down and ran up the hill. This was jump number five when I got the right shot...

Now that really is crazy!

Chris
OP Matt_b 31 Jul 2009
In reply to Chris Craggs: Btw, slightly off topic, has anyone claimed to have found all the puffins in the guidebook yet? We got stuck at 17...
In reply to Chris Craggs: Don't know what the fuss is about, it was a piece of piss!
In reply to Matt_b:

Not sure if anyone has claimed all 20 - Alan is away at the moment - might be worth submitting those you gave found already.

We could put a deadline on it - folks with the 10 most correct answers maybe?

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...