UKC

so... slipstones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tony92 08 Aug 2009
I seem to have been spanked every time I have been. Following a god-awful thumb mantel on a timy crimp around a bulge assisted by two imaginary footholds to a finishing hold that seemed about a mile away, I was a bit peeved to find I only got a V3 tick. Is this a common occurance?

Tony
 Dave Warburton 08 Aug 2009
In reply to tony92: Slipstones is a Sandbag in the main, it is in Yorkshire and more importantly the activists responsible for it's climbing were Teesside based!

Theres also some soft touches, but generally speaking its a crag that lends itself to hard routes and hard grading.

Great place.
tony92 08 Aug 2009
In reply to Dave Warburton: hi dooge :P sounds about right. i got spanked on an E1 too bad day
 JLS 08 Aug 2009
In reply to tony92:

Think yourself lucky you didn't try bert wells at v2!
 Dave Warburton 08 Aug 2009
In reply to tony92: Which E1 was it, if you don't mind saying! :-P
I know a couple that are nails, some of my first 'proper feeling E1's' were at Slippies!!
tony92 08 Aug 2009
In reply to Dave Warburton: erm, i tihnk it was E1 anyway... you know that funny roofy type one hats a bit like the pulpit at scugsy. Its a flakey start on massive footholds and up to a break with space for a no 3 cam over a block and then finish up left over the top. not too hard, just got a bit pumped fiddling with my gear and holding onto wet holds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...