UKC

Pete Docherty - Waste of oxygen?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich Guest 26 Aug 2009
I met someone on holiday who thought so.
Bit harsh eh?

I don't agree... Some good music contributions over various projects

What's your opinion?

Sam_in_Leeds 26 Aug 2009
In reply to Cragrat Rich:

one quarter (Possibly half?) of the most influential band of this decade?

Would we have a long line of "indie" bands without The Libertines (Along with the Strokes) kicking it all off?
 The Pylon King 26 Aug 2009

He is a talentless C*** and whoever thinks he is talented must have been spiked at birth!
 The Pylon King 26 Aug 2009
In reply to Sam_in_Leeds:
> (In reply to Cragrat Rich)

> Would we have a long line of "indie" bands without The Libertines (Along with the Strokes) kicking it all off?

No, fank F***

OP Rich Guest 26 Aug 2009
>
> Would we have a long line of "indie" bands without The Libertines (Along with the Strokes) kicking it all off?

Statements like that are always a bit dodgy. I mean we probably would yes.
Just like if the Beatles hadn't happened, something else would, which we never got to see, because of the Beatles. (big Beatles fan btw)

But I agree, Libertines album 'Up the Bracket' is exceptional and still one I can listen to over and over. Some good Babyshambles stuff too, they're Shotters Nation album is very good imo.

In reply to The Pylon King:
>
>
> He is a talentless C*** and whoever thinks he is talented must have been spiked at birth!

That's a boldly foolish statement to make Pylon. I mean, waste of oxygen for being a victim of drug addiction is heavy, but talentless c*nt?
Out of interest... Have YOU written many songs?

Mike Peacock 26 Aug 2009
> (In reply to The Pylon King)
> [...]
>
> Out of interest... Have YOU written many songs?

Brilliant! You didn't bother checking his profile before saying that did you?!

In reply to Touching Centauri:
> [...]
>
> Brilliant! You didn't bother checking his profile before saying that did you?!

Well, it's just a question.
But I didn't, no.
Anyway, why? because I have now and I still don't get it
In reply to Cragrat Rich: He is a junkie rat bag with a pish band
 Ztephan 27 Aug 2009
In reply to The Pylon King:
>
>
> He is a talentless C*** and whoever thinks he is talented must have been spiked at birth!

I'd rather have the Libertines-logo tattooed across my forehead than listen to one of your songs again...

pdufus 27 Aug 2009
In reply to Cragrat Rich: He was quite good, but has made a fool of himself and burnt his talent away for good. Waster and bit pathetic. Hate the way he tried to romanticise crack and heroin, dick.
 Dominion 27 Aug 2009

You must have a surprising limited list of indie bands, since the vast majority of "indie" bands existed way before PD even existed...
 Dominion 27 Aug 2009
In reply to Dominion:

I withdraw that.

Pete Doherty, (b. 1979)

First UK Indie Charts 1980

Dominion 27 Aug 2009
In reply to Dominion:

Obviously, the birth of Pete Doherty was the impetous that the UK Indie movement needed to get it's first mention in the NME, Sounds, and Melody Maker.

And the fact that a mere 18 yrs later, PD co-founded The Libertines, is just proof that it - indie - came of age when he started a band...
 The Pylon King 27 Aug 2009
In reply to Ztephan:
> [...]
>
> I'd rather have the Libertines-logo tattooed across my forehead than listen to one of your songs again...

Good - thats made my year!
 The Pylon King 27 Aug 2009
> [...]
>
> Have YOU written many songs?

Yes i have and they are probably all bollox but the OP question was about that knobhead Dochety (you know, the guy that seems to have all the idiots fooled) and not about me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...