UKC

Jetboil Problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gazlynn 07 Sep 2009
Has anyone else had this problem and has anyone got a solution please?

My Jetboil starts off ok and the the gas dies and it isnt because it has run out of gas as I have tried it with different canisters. I did read that it struggles in the cold but this was last week.

Thanks
chickenpox 07 Sep 2009
In reply to Gazlynn: Have you changed the canister?
If yes and is still blocking, have you had it appart and blown it out?
If still not happening then I dunno!
 webding 07 Sep 2009
In reply to Gazlynn:
I’ve had this problem – it wasn’t a Jetboil but if you have the same problem as me it can apply to most gas stoves. I had a tiny bit of grit or dirt in the pipe that delivers the gas from the cylinder to the burner. I took it apart as much as I could, open the tap fully and stuck a tiny bit of wire through to clear it – I could feel the blockage at first then felt it clear (blowing didn't work for me).

Getting the wire was the hardest part – I was in Italy at the time and don’t speak the language at all. I went to a hardware store and after about 20 minutes of sign language with sound effects got about two inches of electrical cable and pulled the individual strands out to poke through.

Having said all that I just had a very quick look at my Jetboil and it doesn’t look as easy to poke something through – but I’ve written this now so I might as well post it - it might help.
OP Gazlynn 07 Sep 2009
In reply to Gazlynn:
Hi Thanks
I have had a bit of a play with it and cant seem to blow through
the hole but not sure if that is because of the safety valve or it is blocked. It seems to work better if I screw the canister in as hard as it will go. I best stop now as the double entendres are flowing.
thanks for the advice guys
chickenpox 07 Sep 2009
In reply to Gazlynn: When you blow it through you won't beable to do it by your own air. Take it to the gagrage with you and pay the 20p for the pleasure of blasting it good. If you can blow these things through (especially on the jetboil, tiny inlets) then you should see a doctor you have abnormal lungs!! LOL!
Try the garage!
 UKC Forums 07 Sep 2009
This thread was started in the OFF BELAY forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear - Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
OP Gazlynn 07 Sep 2009
In reply to chickenpox:
My lungs aint that good I can promise you that lol
 JIMBO 07 Sep 2009
In reply to Gazlynn: probably not the same problem but I had a gas problem from a damaged mantle.
Damage caused the flame to be too low and heat the mantle surround to glow yellow.
The heat was so intense it heated the neck of the canister (primus power gas) so as to melt the self seal valve stopping the flow of gas.
Once cool the canister was blocked and would not work. Needs replacement mantle.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...