UKC

bouldering at hope mountain/waun y llyn country park

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 phil666 21 Sep 2009
I've been going up to hope mountain for a bit now and climbed loads of routes there but was wondering if i was the first to climb some of them, i've been told people go there, but as yet i've never seen anyone up there climbing.

Its a crackin little venue and worth a trip if you're in the area, and if anyone is thinkin of going, i'd be glad to offer beta for the probs i've come accross.
In reply to phil666:
You are right, a cracking place with lots of powerful problems. I have only been once myself, but I was impressed. Similar to many other boulder venues in the district, the routes or variants of them have probably all been climbed over the years.

But to my knowledge, other than a passing reference in the old Clwyd guide, they have not been documented. If you want to share, you could produce an on line topo. This could help the place become more popular, but I doubt it will be so popular that you could just turn up and meet others as you would in the Peak or Yorkshire.

Neil A S 21 Sep 2009
In reply to phil666: Wow, I live 10 minutes from Hope Mountain and had no idea there was bouldering there. Do you have more details?
 Rob Davies 21 Sep 2009
In reply to phil666: People have been doing some of these for years, though it's 30 years+ since I last went there. Must have another look. There also used to be problems on the walls of Caergwrle Castle but I imagine those are now frowned on!
 Dave Rumney 21 Sep 2009
In reply to phil666:
I would have thought most of them have probably been climbed before, although it's never been popular so i'm sure there may be unclimbed sequences.
There are also some conglomerate walls on Hope mountain overlooking the village worth a visit.
Also, there's a peg in a crack by the pool at the other end of the park. From memory, the top out is covered in gorse so it's never looked appealing.
Jonno 21 Sep 2009
In reply to phil666:

So off radar that Jim Perrin did a piece in Climber years ago about the place !
OP phil666 21 Sep 2009
i've just put waun y llyn on to ukc so when its loaded onto the system feel free to put any problems etc you may have there i'll put ones i've been doing there for anyone to have a try
OP phil666 21 Sep 2009
i've put the directions etc to it on ukc today so it should be on here soon i'll start puttin routes on there soon,gimme a shout on here if you ever wanna meet up and i'll show you round up there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...