UKC

Bolt By Crux On Connect 4 - Malham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adam Lincoln 12 Oct 2009
I am not complaining or anything, as bolt replacing is hard work that mostly goes without thanks.

But...

The last bolt on Connect 4 before you move left into undercuts is now not clipable on lead, and is pretty much un clipable at all without a clip stick. This stops any suitors for an onsight/flash attempt.

The old one now seems to have been removed as this was in an ok place for clipping.
 Tyler 13 Oct 2009
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

I think the problem with the position of the old one was that it is in a seepage line, hence the reason it is so rusty. Its a shame if it has been removed altogether though because it was possible to clip this and just back it up with the new one.
 Andy Farnell 13 Oct 2009
In reply to Adam Lincoln: You can clip after the crux move, with your left hand on the good undercut. Well I did anyway, as I hated trying to clip before the move. I agree the new bolt is in the wrong place but there's not many other places one can go IIRC. You could alway's place a new one.

Andy F
 Adam Ellwood 13 Oct 2009

> This stops any suitors for an onsight/flash attempt.

Why is this? Are you going to deck if the last bolt isn't clipped?

Surely it can be on-sighted / flashed by clipping the bolt after the move?
OP Adam Lincoln 13 Oct 2009
In reply to Adam Ellwood:
> (In reply to Adam Lincoln)
>
> [...]
>
>
> Why is this? Are you going to deck if the last bolt isn't clipped?
>
> Surely it can be on-sighted / flashed by clipping the bolt after the move?

True but might feel a tad run out. Anyway, like i said above, i am not complaining, and i will probably move it myself.

richardh 14 Oct 2009

It was awkward to find a decent spot, someone else removed the old one after I put that one in.

Hopefully Will will get chance to put the Nyloc nuts on before he goes off to Spain, but IMHO the best solution for Connect Four is some well-placed glue-ins due to the sidewards forces.
OP Adam Lincoln 14 Oct 2009
In reply to richardh:

Agreed Richard, and please don't take this post as moaning!
 bubblewrap 15 Oct 2009
In reply to richardh:

Plan to do it tomorrow... its easy to get sidetracked though...

Will
 richardh 16 Oct 2009
In reply to bubblewrap:

sidetracked..... by lots of months on the continent

can't blame you
In reply to bubblewrap: aye it's tough to get the time to get to the cove isnt it Will. I mean it must take ages to get to there from where you live.

Cheers
Tim
OP Adam Lincoln 16 Oct 2009
In reply to bubblewrap:

When you going Spain will? I will hopefully have a new stereo soon so you can have my old one if you haven't left by then!
 bubblewrap 16 Oct 2009

At the end of the month, if its out the radio would be much appreciated, Im not looking forward to hours of span fm.

Tried to change the nuts today- the nylock nuts are too big for the bolts, the normal nuts seemed tight enough at the moment.

OP Adam Lincoln 16 Oct 2009
In reply to bubblewrap:
> (In reply to Adam Lincoln)
>
> At the end of the month, if its out the radio would be much appreciated, Im not looking forward to hours of span fm.

Cool, i will get it to you by then.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...