UKC

Student Lead Climbing Competitions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin Davies 26 Oct 2009
Just wondering if there are any student competitions for lead climbing?
There are lots of bouldering comps (SIBL, BUBC, BUCS) but I can't find any info about lead comps...
I'd been keen to do some. I've found the BLCC run by the BMC but that's right in the middle of the summer and probs pretty hard core!!
If anyone had any info that would be great.
Cheers, M
 JayK 26 Oct 2009
In reply to Martin Davies (KCLMC):

I've not heard of one, although I wouldn't mind helping set one up. I'm at university of Birmingham and we have redpoint and creation who I know would be interested in this kind of thing. Infact I'm already making plans to organise a midlands lead climbing competition, could extend this to a four round national thing if there was decent amount of interest and people to help out....?
 climbin_chris 26 Oct 2009
In reply to Martin Davies (KCLMC): I havent herd of any but it would be briliant to set one up.
 Twisty 26 Oct 2009
In reply to climbin_chris:

Yup

Another shout from Loughborough.

Leicester, Notts, Derby and Warwick are our locals
 chiverstom 26 Oct 2009
In reply to Twisty:

Ill put a shout in for Nottingham uni, Im sure we could pull a team together
 redcal 27 Oct 2009
In reply to Martin Davies (KCLMC):We already have a bouldering team at University of Derby (Buxton campus)so a leading team would be pretty easy to put together. It is all run by our Outdoors Club,I think they are sorting out friendly comps with Lough and Sheffield so if you want to get involved drop them an email@ outdoor.club@hotmail.co.uk.
 JayK 27 Oct 2009

BTW has anyone heard anything about BUBC this year? I got an email about 2months ago but haven't heard anything since.
 SCGale 27 Oct 2009

I was thinking about this the other day, sounds like a good laugh, but couldn't find any info on it.
OP Martin Davies 27 Oct 2009
In reply to Jay_Kay: No dates yet on the bubc website: http://www.bubc.org.uk/venues.html
 Lh88 03 Nov 2009
I'm at manchester Uni, we were hoping to put together a leadind team this year too. Perhaps you could email me if you get any further with arrancing a comp?
 Ian Dunn 03 Nov 2009
In reply to Martin Davies (KCLMC): You could try the BMC Leading Ladder
These comps are held at walls all around the country with 10 routes from 5+ to 8a and you score your partner. A National final is held for those with the highest scores in each of the Three Categories Improver, Recreational and Elite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...