UKC

chalk bags after falling off deep water solos..?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jordan Harris 07 Nov 2009
just wondering what happens to your chalk bag when you fall off a deep water solo, do you just take more than one chalk bag or do you just fill it up with chalk again..?:S
 Maestro 07 Nov 2009
In reply to Eunry-Jordan: more than one
king_of_gibraltar 07 Nov 2009
In reply to Eunry-Jordan:

Best thing to do is cut the bottom off a 1.5L bottle and put a couple of holes at the top to thread some cord threw. Then you can just refill with a bit of chalk every time you come off.

paget 07 Nov 2009
In reply to Eunry-Jordan: Poo bags!
OP Jordan Harris 08 Nov 2009
In reply to king_of_gibraltar: Thanks guys..much appriciated..
 flash13 08 Nov 2009
In reply to Eunry-Jordan: buy a cheap chalk bag cut the lining out and it dries a lot faster!
 howlingbaboon 08 Nov 2009
In reply to Eunry-Jordan: When I went in Thailand in the summer they did the whole kayak you to the rocks for the first climb (little point as it was pouring with rain). After the first plunge we just climbed back on, dryed our hands on the rock and continued without chalk for the day. I suppose if yout climbing hard routes you'll want several chalk bags and someone to ferry you to the base of the climb each time. If your in a hot place the wet bags will dry in the sun as you climb. Where are you going to do it?
 1234None 08 Nov 2009
In reply to Eunry-Jordan:

Liquid chalk is the best solution in my opinion. Apply before setting off on each route. No need for a chalk bag.
 Chris F 08 Nov 2009
In reply to king_of_gibraltar:
> (In reply to Eunry-Jordan)
>
> Best thing to do is cut the bottom off a 1.5L bottle and put a couple of holes at the top to thread some cord threw. Then you can just refill with a bit of chalk every time you come off.

or cut a plastic milk bottle right and the handle gives somewhere to thread cord.
 mux 09 Nov 2009
In reply to mux: oh forgot to mention ...its at the bottom of the page.
OP Jordan Harris 10 Nov 2009
In reply to mux: thanks man, might have to invest in one of those by next summer, hope to be do doin some deep water soloing in mallorca.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...