UKC

When to resole/what rubber to use?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mattrm 06 Dec 2009
My Boreal Jokers have just started showing the leather through on the tip of the shoe. If I'm going to resole I guess it's best to do it now, before it gets worse?

I'm considering using this chap - http://cheshireshoe.co.uk - Is he any good? what rubber is the best to go for?
5cifi - BAD SELLER 06 Dec 2009
In reply to mattrm: If you search through the forums, you'll find loads on info on them.

5cifi - BAD SELLER 06 Dec 2009
 Mark Stevenson 06 Dec 2009
In reply to mattrm: If you've got the lace-up version then you've actually got a fair chance of picking up a new or nearly new pair off ebay for around the same price or not much more than a re-sole.

Seen loads recently and having just checked there were 9 pairs in various sizes sold in the last two weeks and 3 for sale currently. just another option perhaps worth considering.
Removed User 07 Dec 2009
In reply to mattrm:
I have used cheshireshoes with the 5.10 stealth rubber. The re-sole lasted well and the rubber was good.
 brieflyback 07 Dec 2009
In reply to mattrm:

I've just had my Ascents re-done with Cheshire Shoe Repairs. Very quick service, looks like a good job, and not even any complaints from them about the appalling pong. They used Stealth C4, I think.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...