UKC

Chris Sharma - Neanderthal 9b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Strife 19 Dec 2009
http://www.deadpointmag.com/news/179-chris-sharma-climbs-possible-9b.php

Judging from seeing him on it in Dosage 5, it certainly seems to be 9b. If so, its his 3rd in just over a year.
 James Oswald 19 Dec 2009
In reply to Strife:
Awesome!!
Well done to Sharma.
James
 dirtbag1 19 Dec 2009
In reply to Strife:

> Judging from seeing him on it in Dosage 5, it certainly seems to be 9b.

As top end routes are so difficult to grade (in regards to morpho, style, specific strengths etc) I'm sure he'll be glad of the your confirmation. (insert smiley here)
DEvans 19 Dec 2009
In reply to all.

would love to see him on the first 9b that was first climbed over ten years ago.

i bet he would do it.

OP Strife 19 Dec 2009
In reply to dirtbag1:
> I'm sure he'll be glad of the your confirmation.

As I did not confirm it at any point, I'll go ahead and ignore that comment.
 Adam Lincoln 19 Dec 2009
In reply to Strife:
> http://www.deadpointmag.com/news/179-chris-sharma-climbs-possible-9b.php
>
> Judging from seeing him on it in Dosage 5, it certainly seems to be 9b.

Wow, what judgement you must have!
OP Strife 19 Dec 2009
I thought that I might get this sort of silly sarcastic response when musing about grades. Did you not notice the key words 'judging' and 'seems'? I'm fully aware that my informal judgement is irrelevant and probably inaccurate, but as it was a side-note it was intended to be neither. I was simply stating an obervational opinion, is that not allowed anymore?
It's interesting that you choose to comment and jibe about this triviality when the subject at hand is far more deserving of discussion
In reply to Strife: You're funny.
OP Strife 19 Dec 2009
In reply to Robertostallioni:
> (In reply to Strife) You're funny.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Serpico 19 Dec 2009
In reply to Robertostallioni:
> (In reply to Strife) You're funny.
Funny ha ha, or funny peculiar?
In reply to Serpico: Don't worry, he's not as funny as you.

youtube.com/watch?v=o_ff46b58Hk&
 Adam Lincoln 20 Dec 2009
In reply to Strife:
> It's interesting that you choose to comment and jibe about this triviality when the subject at hand is far more deserving of discussion

Welcome to ukclimbing...

Tris 20 Dec 2009
In reply to Strife: I think you just chose bad wording? To me, it reads like you watched the DVD of Sharma doing his usually grunting up one of his stamina fest routes and it looked so hard that it must be a 9b?

On a side-note, I wouldn't start threads with 'intended side-notes' as people tend to read your first sentence first - just an observation. Oh and the law says you can't muse about a grade until you have climbed the route.

Congrats to Chris.
 Tiberius 20 Dec 2009
In reply to Tris:
> ...Sharma doing his usually grunting up one of his stamina fest routes

I'm sure you can tell some climbers by the noise they make when they climb, We have the Sharma grunt, and the Dawes puff, etc
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 20 Dec 2009
In reply to Tiberius: The Seb Grieve crazy mental case ramblings.
 Andrew Smith 20 Dec 2009
In reply to Strifeon't try to justify your post, just lurk around UKC it's safer.

Apparently there is a new forum opening in the new year, called the Grammar and punctuation forum. It's where all the people who feel the need to criticise spelling,grammar and the rest can hang out.

And perhaps? The rest of us can discuss climbing, just like the good old days of UKC....Whoopee!!
jjclaws 25 Dec 2009
In reply to Strife: All bitching aside, he does rock balls. Does anyone know if this climb can be viewed anywhere yet? Need some inspiration to get out in these sub zero uk conditions, especially since my local climbing wall has just closed down.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...