UKC

Call yourself a climber?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 anonymouse 07 Mar 2003
How long can you go without climbing before you have to stop calling yourself a climber?
 Mike Whittaker 07 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse:

I'll humour you. About 12 months ?

Since I regard myself a climber and have never let it lapse that far. If I did then something would be wrong. But I suppose you can always be a climber in your heart.
 JDDD 07 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse: NEVER!!!!!!! ever!!!
 sutty 08 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse:

I think you can go years without climbing and still be a climber. I was off it for four years when my wife was disabled but have now got back into it a bit.

HM Kelly stopped climbing in his 70s and then tried to sever his links with climbing but a friend of mine used to visit him when he felt down and got him to remenisce to cheer him up.

I think Al Parker gave up for several years but went back to it
ben 08 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse: dude, if you dont climb for a week you are not a climber
Dave Hunter 08 Mar 2003
In reply to ben:
dude- that is sooooo bogus. If you don't climb for ten minutes then you're not a climber...
 alan edmonds 08 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse:
Intensity of experience forged in your youth by climbing ( or other life threatening experience like war) flavours the rest of your life until the day you die.

I am forever a climber whether active or not; never a day has gone by since I was 14 years old that climbing has not been in my thoughts.
Iain 08 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse: An interesting point, I had to stop after an elbow operation.After about a year I started saying things like I used to climb.
I only started to say I was a climber ,when I recovered and started again.
 PaulW 08 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse: its not how often you do it, its how often you think about doing it.
stonemaster 08 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse: It's all in the mind. Now, what others call you is a different matter....
should be working 09 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse:
so if a serial killer goes long enough between 'incidents'... do they cease to warrant the 'serial' title???
Big Dave 10 Mar 2003
In reply to anonymouse:ANything under 9 inches is considered unacceptable

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...