UKC

SPA & CWA Courses - Winter & Spring 2010

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 David Hooper 18 Jan 2010
premier post photo
SPA Training & Assessment Courses for Winter and Spring 2010 Now Available – please contact us for next available dates and prices

An award for climbers wishing to lead or supervise groups and individuals at single pitch crags.

Venue - Based at Capel Curig, North Wales – also Western Grit, Clwyds and Lancs.

MLTE Climbing Wall Award – Training and assessment courses running throughout the year (including optional abseil module)

An award for those who wish to supervise climbing activities on indoor and outdoor climbing walls and structures.

Be one of the first to gain this new and sought after award.

Venues - Awesome Walls – Liverpool & Stockport and other venues on request

We can also run courses for groups upon request.

We run our courses in a relaxed and friendly manner to maximise your learning experience.

General information on the SPA and CWA at : http://www.mlte.org

Contact me at : davidhooper@talktalk.net

or phone ; 07801235051

What our clients have said:

I first did my SPA training with David and was very impressed by his style of teaching, his courses are laid back and relaxed and you would think you were just out climbing with a friend, and yet i left with so much more skill than i arrived with. Enjoyed it so much i booked my assessment with David, this was done in Wales, based from 'The Office' in the heart of Snowdonia it was a superb two days again, climbing under the eye of David another nice weekend, Very professional and I cant thank him enough, see you soon mate and good luck!
Jimbo MSider - 01/Apr/08

I accompanied my family on a day out with David learning to do multi pitch. He assessed both my husband n son ( he was 12 at the time) before the day at a local wall before agreeing to take them out to learn. David enabled someone with severe vertigo to do his first multi pitch with the 12 yr old both leading, seconding and belaying his Dad. Quite an accomplishment. He was calm clear and reassuring throughout the day encouraging both Father and son to step out of their comfort zone with confidence. A fantastic day!
Pauline - 28/Mar/08

very helpfull ,he explained each piont in great detail and made it easy to under stand and if i got stuck he was allways very reasureing
spyda - 28/Mar/08

My mate Jon and I did our SPA (Single Pitch Award) training with David. It was absolutely brilliant. He knows his stuff backwards (and upwards, downwards and sideways!) Everything was put across in a relaxed, easy-to-understand manner. It really doesn't matter whether you're a complete beginner or, like me, with 40 years of bad habits (err, climbing experience). There are lots of good people out there but David really is exceptional. Give him a go (if you can grab a booking). You'll be amazed!
Mick Ward - 28/Mar/08

On my first multi pitch i found daves guidance really helpfull.He gave us plenty of instruction before the climb about the techniques to use and what to expect on route .Very professional and great to get along with he matched instruction with our abilities really well,a brilliant day out for father and son alike.
raven - 28/Mar/08

“Ideal for all your training needs. We have used David for SPA training and assessment for years”
Simon Aldridge, Manager Awesome Walls

Initially I did my S.P.A. training with Dave about 5 years ago, when it came to booking an assessment there was no doubt in my mind who I would book with!
Dave run’s both a relaxed and friendly atmosphere on his course’s whilst still emphasizing the fundamentals.
In short his courses are fantastic value, fun to be on and offer climbers of all levels some invaluable and interesting information.
An excellent service!
Barry Roberts Centre Manager at Rock and River Outdoor Pursuits

I recently passed my SPA at Plas y Brenin, after doing a day’s refresher course with David. As someone who has taught and delivered training myself, I was really impressed with David’s teaching skills, his knowledge of the syllabus, enthusiasm for the outdoors and useful top tips for assessment. All of this came to good use on the day as predicted. Thanks David.
Liz Kay, Merseyside Mountaineering Club

See what other UKC’ers have said here…

http://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/info.php?id=1016

OP David Hooper 18 Jan 2010
In reply to David Hooper:

Courses diaried so far............

CWA Training 28th & 29th Jan Awesome Walls

CWA Assess 4th Feb Awesome Walls

SPA Assess 5th & 6th Feb N.Wales

SPA Assess 26th & 27th Feb N.Wales

CWA Training 2nd & 3rd Mar Awesome Walls

CWA Assess 9th Mar Awesome Walls

SPA Training 12th & 13th Mar N.Wales

..............and more to come.
OP David Hooper 21 Jan 2010
In reply to David Hooper:

Just 2 places left for CWA Training 28th & 29th Jan Awesome Walls

one place left for CWA Assess 4th Feb Awesome Walls

CWA Training 2nd & 3rd Mar Awesome Walls now rescheduled for 4th & 5th March

Cheers

David

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...