UKC

The Depot's new roof and lighting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
GeoffF 03 Feb 2010
The Depot website says:

"Work has already started on the installation of a fully insulated roof, which will span throughout the entire building. This will have a number of benefits. The new roof will keep the centre warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. We are also having more lighting fitted throughout the climbing area."

This item is dated 07.01.2010. Are they making any progress? When is the work likely to be completed? What are conditions like at the Depot now?
 Joe_Killick 03 Feb 2010
In reply to GeoffF:
Was in there last night and it is all done. So much warmer in there now, the extra lighting helps too
 Tiberius 03 Feb 2010
In reply to GeoffF:

Cool, I must try it. It was seriously uninhabitable b4
 Depot Climbing 03 Feb 2010
Cheers for the comments guys.

We have put a lot of time and effort into acting upon customer feedback over the last 9 months. We have had a huge amount of positive feedback and it was just a couple of issues that we really needed to address.

Route setting
We now re-set an entire area of the wall every Wednesday (starting at 7.30am to avoid disruption!) using some of the best route setters in the country.

Temperature
Although we are experiencing an unusually cold winter, it was clear that the temperature needed to be better controlled in the Depot. We have now installed a fully insulated roof throughout the entire centre. Along with our new heaters we can now keep the temps at a much more comfortable level.

We will post some pics up on the website www.theclimbingdepot.com in the next couple of days..

Cheers

The Depot Team
 Tiberius 03 Feb 2010
In reply to GeoffF:

Cool, I'll be trying it soon. My son keeps asking to go but there was no way I was venturing there this side of June on the old temperatures.
 Bulls Crack 03 Feb 2010
In reply to Joe_Killick:

Hmm might go back now but I've started going to City Block - I think I prefer it problem-wise.
 richardh 03 Feb 2010
In reply to Bulls Crack:

me too, the temps made me retry citybloc and we found a really good couple of resets, good overlaps in the circuits; then I've been back to Leeds and they've had a good last few resets, and built what is for me a great training wall - easier to get on, i.e. v4 start; then, went back to The Depot and they'd reset the roof with some excellent stuff.

Great all round, everyone's raised their game and you can cycle the walls to great effect, hope all survive, they deserve to.
 Tiberius 03 Feb 2010
In reply to richardh:
> Great all round, everyone's raised their game and you can cycle the walls to great effect, hope all survive

Agreed. I joined Leeds wall and the foundry in Sheff for both myself and no. 1 son. I also intend joning the depot and probably a few others too. There's a really cute girl I know goes to the edge in Sheff so I have to go there too.
 tombeasley 04 Feb 2010
In reply to Depot Climbing: wow good effort on the setting!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...