UKC

tremadog conditions ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich35 10 Feb 2010
anyone been out to tremadog lately ?

was it dry ?

was it horribly cold or do able ?

cheers rich
 GrahamD 10 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35:

Tremadog changes daily and there is plenty climbable after a few hours of dry weather.
OP Rich35 10 Feb 2010
In reply to GrahamD: yes i know was just wondering if anyone had been lately. have you been up there ?
 mr mills 10 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35:

It should be mint this wknd ! Climbed there last Saturay and was really good, some routes had a few seepages but nothing major, by the wknd I`d say all the routes will be ok !

OP Rich35 10 Feb 2010
In reply to mr mills: cool thx mr. was it pretty cold ?
 toad 10 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35: good grief, I thought it was always perfect at Tremadog. Even when it it raining hot hail and frogs everywhere else, everyone suggests it is a balmy sub tropical 22 degrees at Tremadog. I'm shocked
OP Rich35 10 Feb 2010
In reply to toad: hehe im just tryin to decide between rock or ice for the weekend mr
 Keith Jones 10 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35:
Was there today and yesterday. By staying at the easteren end avoided the breeze. It was great when the sun came out, but getting chilly later this afternoon on Christmas Curry. All the rock seemed dry.
 mr mills 11 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35:

cold in the morning warming up as the day went by, nearly t-shirt climbing in the afternoon !
 EeeByGum 11 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35: The sun always shines at Tremadog and if there is anywhere in the UK where it is possible to climb in a T-shirt in Feb, Tremadog it is.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 11 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35: Went there on Monday, overcast easterly winds and cold. However the rock was dry. It was nice if you kept moving, so did a bunch of easy routes!

Going today, the Northeasterly wind should now go over the top of the crag. Blue Skies and sunshine. I might even need a T-shirt!

GrahamD 11 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35:

I climbed there last month whilst everyone else seemed determined to slog up soggy unconsolidated snow gullies ! had to strip off layers as it was too warm (seriously)
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 11 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35: Crag was very dry today, and warm in the sun. Although it has started raining in Llanberis!

Its Spitting! Its Spitting!!!
OP Rich35 11 Feb 2010
In reply to Mark Reeves: thanks all dying to get up there now. is erics open for camping this time of year ???
 Ron Kenyon 12 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35:

Just for your interest - it is 50 years come 26th March since the first ascent of Vector
OP Rich35 12 Feb 2010
In reply to Ron Kenyon: wow things have changed a bit since then eh ?
 mr mills 12 Feb 2010
In reply to Rich35:

Not sure about the camping but there were climbers staying at the bunckhouse last weekend !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...