UKC

LCD Watch @ Lild. Altimeter + Compass £19.99

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
topout123 23 Feb 2010
Lidl are selling a Auriol LCD Sports Watch with a built-in compass and altimeter too.

At £19.99 this is got to be good for those of us on a real tight budget.

Should be ok for uk peaks etc.

What do you think?
 DreadyCraig 23 Feb 2010
In reply to topout123:
I had a look at these last night, I would have bought one but it is quite large and I have small wrists.
 jonoh 23 Feb 2010
In reply to topout123: i could not resist and bought one yesterday. Seems ok display a bit dark and i dont think they are waterproof ? altometer seems ok after setting it off my GPS. Its got a 3yr warranty so that cant be too bad.
 Patrik 23 Feb 2010
Has anyone seen/tried this one? I wonder if it applies to this watch.
==>http://forums.watchuseek.com/archive/index.php/t-184027.html
 DreadyCraig 23 Feb 2010
In reply to Patrik: looking at the pictures, it is the same watch
 Patrik 23 Feb 2010
ok, thanks. I just wonder if this is too good to be true -type of deal as these watches normally cost in excess of £100.
 Martin W 23 Feb 2010
In reply to DreadyCraig: Just tried the trick described in that forum thread, of cutting the J1 and J2 jumpers on the circuit board. Hey presto, lap timer and barometer functions as well! You need a size 1 philips screwdriver, tweezers, and a magnifying glass. There are quite a few fiddly bits so don't lose any of them. It will of course invalidate your warranty. It worked for me, but you might irreparably damage your £20 watch - you try it at your own risk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...