UKC

Kilnsey Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 06 Apr 2010
Anyone know if its looking reasonably dry? Looking to get on Frankie and possibly 50 for 5 this week.

Cheers

Si
 Adam Lincoln 06 Apr 2010
In reply to snoop6060:
> Anyone know if its looking reasonably dry? Looking to get on Frankie and possibly 50 for 5 this week.
>
> Cheers
>
> Si

April fools was last week!
OP snoop6060 06 Apr 2010
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Aye - thought it would be optimistic. Not giving up hope though.
Serpico 06 Apr 2010
In reply to Adam Lincoln:
> (In reply to snoop6060)
> [...]
>
> April fools was last week!

Spoke to Steve earlier - he said people were climbing there this weekend. With the southerly winds of late Kilnsey would have been quite sheltered.
 Adam Lincoln 06 Apr 2010
In reply to Serpico:
> (In reply to Adam Lincoln)
> [...]
>
> Spoke to Steve earlier - he said people were climbing there this weekend. With the southerly winds of late Kilnsey would have been quite sheltered.

I stand corrected then!

richardh 06 Apr 2010
In reply to snoop6060:

both frankie and 50 for 5 are early to come into condition, even if the top bit of balas is seeping the bulk of frankie is likely to be do-able. give it a go, if it's wet pop across to malham.
OP snoop6060 06 Apr 2010
In reply to richardh:

The top of balas is where I keep falling off! I want it all to be doable, its going down first time this year... well maybe...hopefully.

May just get going on 50 for 5. Not tried it yet. Onsight here we come.

Odd question, can you abb off the top anywhere and rig a top rope? May not have a belayer so may try and work a harder route on a shunt if I can.

Suppose it will have to reasonably vertical to have a chance so possibly kilnsley ain't the place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...