UKC

A 'boot buddy' thread for people with odd size feet...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ed Bright 02 May 2010
The vision: To create a world where rock boots fit, where people no longer have to endure the ridicule of wearing a big sock on one foot, and where everyone has a 'boot-buddy' to buy shoes with!

So get involved, let people know your mis-match feet size and together we can help you find your sole-mate...

I'll get it started...

Left foot 43
Right foot 42

Yours in left footed agony

Ed
 EddInaBox 02 May 2010
In reply to Ed Brighteldman:

I am L-45, R-44.5 and I feel your pain, oh hang on a minute, no I don't because I contacted these people:
http://www.beyondhope.co.uk/evolv.html
who are the U.K. importers for Evolv and I ordered a split sized pair through them.

Edd.
 escalator 02 May 2010

The only problem I can see is that most people have a bigger left foot. At least that is what I have established from reading the many threads about this over the years.
 gethin_allen 02 May 2010
i've got exactly the same foot issue as you, left 43, right 42
 Andy_B39 02 May 2010
In reply to Ed Brighteldman: Damn, looks like we're all going without any luck - Left 42 1/2, Right 42
 escalator 02 May 2010
In reply to Andy_B39:

See thats what I mean. My left is bigger, ie Left 44, right 38.
In reply to EddInaBox:

Buy two pairs of the same shoes, one in the left foot size, one in the right, then take back the odd pair of shoes to shop for a refund. This way you end up with two different size shoes for the same price as one pair
 Damo 03 May 2010
In reply to The Green Giant:

> ... then take back the odd pair of shoes to shop for a refund. This way you end up with two different size shoes for the same price as one pair

Well, aside from the dishonesty, which I could probably deal with (!), I've found that lots of places check when you buy boots that you've got matching sizes, so they may well check when you bring them back and you'd be busted.

I'm Left 47, Right 46.

D

EddInaBox 03 May 2010
In reply to The Green Giant:

Well if you don't mind the extra hassle and are too tight to pay the few quid extra to get split sizing. Another top tip is eat three quarters of your jar of jam then drop in a fingernail and take it back to the supermarket, they'll probably replace it with a full one.
 Jerry67 03 May 2010
In reply to Ed Brighteldman: But is your right foot hairier than the other?? Urban myth that right side is hairier than left, or reality? I'll go and check!
 Jack Whiteley 03 May 2010
In reply to Ed Brighteldman: cant remember what size i am, changes all the time, but i know my left is about half a uk size bigger, fascinating that there seems to be such a constant left foot bigger trend, anyone care to shed light on such a curious occurrence?

On an interesting side note one of my friends has only got one leg and plays international football and he says he has only over met one person who had their left leg missing! He also tried to set up a shoe swap thing but was unsuccessful
stupot 03 May 2010
In reply to Ed Brighteldman: Left 48, right 47

However, not only is my right foot smaller, my right leg is also shorter so I always have an extra insole in my right boot/shoe that takes up any slack. It's the heel spur that's the real bugger
 mattsccm 03 May 2010
Well you lot have totally confounded the universal theory from when I worked in the business. Back then, 90's it was regarded as almost universal that if there were odd sized feet, the right was a touch bigger. In 5 years of boot selling this was almost a dead cert. Ah, things aren't what they used to be.
Reminds me of a stock take one day though. Checking through the walking boots I couldn't find 1 half of a pair of Scarpa Mantas. Searching every box in case of a cock up I found another half pair. The other foot. We never did find the missing boots, even at the closing down stock take. What was so amusing was that 1 was an 11 and the other an 8! There must have been a very lopsided walker out there. My boss was all for binning the odd ones but for a laugh I put a pricetag on them of about 30% of retail price and clearly labelling the problem put them on display. They sold! Of course it may have been that some one out there had the matching boots and came back for the others but I can't really see that. Equally what are the chances of having two people with such a significant size difference and them being on the "right feet"?
 Hannes 03 May 2010
In reply to Ed Brighteldman: hah, my rightie is bigger by about half a uk size.

I've heard boreal might sell you split pairs as well
 bradholmes 03 May 2010
In reply to Ed Brighteldman: Aaargh! My left foot is bigger too, so thicker sock on the right for my winter boots and I just suffer through the discomfort in my rock shoes.....bloody nuisance....
 Damo 03 May 2010
In reply to mattsccm:
> what are the chances of having two people with such a significant size difference ...?

Frostbite!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...