UKC

LOST, please explain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 existing debt 26 May 2010
I watched the first series, then lost interest, was flicking thru the tv last night and caught the last 10 minutes of the last episode.

can someone briefly explain what it was all about?

Cheers

Paul T
 PeterM 26 May 2010
In reply to Paul Trueman:

Nothing. Like Life On Mars, Ashes To Ashes, and no doubt FlashForward, a complete waste of time.
 d_b 26 May 2010
In reply to Paul Trueman: Simple. It's the X-files effect.

The first season was written, with no real expectation of getting a second. The mystery aspects strike a chord with many viewers. The programme becomes unexpectedly popular, and piling mystery on mystery keeps the punters coming back for more.

Unfortunately there wasn't a plan, and the kind of peopel watching it are continuity fanatics so it ties itself in knots for a while. Most of the viewers get bored/baffled/pissed off and leave.

Grand finale is contrived.

Removed User 26 May 2010
In reply to Paul Trueman: My son watched all the way through and was massively p***ed off. His comment was "this is just like Lord of the Rings when they all clear off with the Elves". Suspect being in limbo and then going to heaven sums it up!
 Scarab9 26 May 2010

my constant running arguement with any lost fans has always been

me "it's just a load of meaningless rubbish that's going no where"
them "NO!! they have it all planned out and it all ties in eventually!"
me "does it bollox"
(summarised)

Glad to see I was right!

In your face Lost fans!!!!
OP existing debt 26 May 2010
In reply to Scarab9: So were they all dead from the plane crash?

what was all that secret bunker thing about?

Oh well. onto the next sky super series that i watch the first 3 episodes then lose complete interest! is that other one still going where they all fall asleep for 3 minutes?

Haven't you got a dog to walk at this time of day - poor Monkey must have crossed paws!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...