UKC

NEWS: Fri Night Vid: Tom Randall and Ed Hamer - Silent Scream E7

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 May 2010
[Tom Randall grabs the finishing jug of Master's Edge, E7 6b, Millstone, 3 kb]In this video from Wild Country, Tom Randall and Ed Hamer take on the E7 traverse route of Silent Scream, first climbed by Pete Whittaker back in March 2009.

The route traverses the Cioch Block at Burbage South and follows a line of tiny holds below the E4 Silent Spring before finishing up the existing E7 Masters of the Universe.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=53786

Franco Cookson 28 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Banging list of routes
Rad video of a well-cool looking route for gritstone. I'd like to see the video of someone seconding that route...
Bon Effort.

Haven't you missed of one of the more impressive ascents this spring from pittaker though? - That new H8 arete up Kinder way which Sam Whittaker said was nails/ impossible?
 smallerrich 28 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Where's bird brain at Nesscliffe?
 Dave Foster 28 May 2010
In reply to UKC News: Great video/route, nice one. Playing devil's advocate, how long before the Chalk Nazis start posting?
andy reeve 28 May 2010
 supafly 28 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

nice vid but a little on the over-saturated side!
 lowersharpnose 29 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

It did not get me at all.

Let's have some sound of the climbers, breathing, words etc - preferable to the lift music.

andi turner 29 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Thank god you guys published this before someone gets hurt http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2785

Nice one guys, cracking set of routes.
 Keeg 29 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Nice collection of routes lads, good effort.

On a point of pedantry the Elm St ascents are (at least) the 5th and 6th. I did the 3rd ascent and Toru whatisface did the 4th (as far as I know).
 Toerag 29 May 2010
In reply to UKC News: What's the gear on the traverse bit? Pegs?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 29 May 2010
In reply to Toerag:

Old bolt studs hooked over with a small wire at a guess (it it on Silent Spring anyway).

Chris
 Ed Booth 29 May 2010
In reply to UKC News: On a further point of pedantry, it is probably the 7th ascent of Gathering Sun at nesscliffe. Good ticking! Cheers, ed
 Niall Grimes 29 May 2010
In reply to boothy: Continuing with the pedentry but...

... I think Unclesombody did the second ascent of Power of the dark Side.

Great effort, it looks amazing, and enjoyed the video too.
 EZ 29 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

What a pleasure that vid was. It's nice to see a traverse line now and then.
 Karl Bromelow 29 May 2010
In reply to Niall Grimes:
> (In reply to boothy) Continuing with the PEDENTRY but...

What a beauty! You write don't you Niall? : )
 Niall Grimes 29 May 2010
In reply to Karl Bromelow: Yes I do, but I leave the spelling to pedents
 Dangerous Dave 30 May 2010
In reply to Niall Grimes: What is this song?
In reply to Niall Grimes:

Niall, Keeg and Boothy - thanks for that info. Always good to know. Would be nice if there was an easy logging system for harder grit routes that everyone used so we'd all know what had gone before...

I even heard that mine and Pete's ascents of Ray's wasn't the 5th and 6th because somehow Tim Glasby's name had been left off the list of ascentionists! Was his the 3rd???
 Scarab 31 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Beautiful vid

Anyone know the name of the music track and group??? Pleasee...
 Keeg 31 May 2010
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training:
> (In reply to Niall Grimes)
>
> Would be nice if there was an easy logging system for harder grit routes that everyone used so we'd all know what had gone before...

A universal system that everybody used faultlessly would be nice, but then so would world peace... :O)

It seems information tends to percolate through eventually anyway, probably even more so nowadays with the internet etc. And anyway as I said t'was just a point of pedantry.
 Jon Read 31 May 2010
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training:

Ray himself
Steve Allen (Leicester chap, made it a mission and won) in the early 90s?
Chris Plant late 90s?
bhoobah 31 May 2010
In reply to Scarab: UNKLE/Ian Brown, Reign. but different mix i aint heard before, its good.. want to know
 Cassius 01 Jun 2010
In reply to bhoobah:

The track is indeed UNKLE - Reign (Psychonauts Remix) from the album Never Never Land Revisited.

Thanks for the comments on the video. I agree it may be on the over saturated side in places and I would have liked to have picked up some of the exclamations from Ed as he made the moves up the arete but it was just too dam windy!
 Scarab 05 Jun 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Thanks for that!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...