/ THE LOWDOWN: Pirmin Bertle interview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Björn Pohl - UKC - on 07 Jun 2010
[Pirmin Bertle on Force du rapport, 9a(1), 3 kb]I've always been fascinated by the quiet achievers. People operating under the radar, but still climbing at an incredible level. In a way, Pirmin Bertle is a good example. Unknown, I suspect, to most, this 25 year old psychology student from Kochel in the southern most part of Germany, has climbed 9a both in Siurana (Rich Simpson's 'Muerte') and at his home crag, Charmey. I caught up with Pirmin on Skype the other evening. He had just got back from the crag.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=55293
Mick Ward - on 07 Jun 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Great interview!

Mick
remus - on 07 Jun 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: I see UKC is rubbing off already! Cool interview though.
Scarab - on 07 Jun 2010

haha

What have you done on grit:)?!!

Mycket bra!
Owen W-G - on 07 Jun 2010
In reply to Scarab:

"something like a French 7c/7c+ and the guy hadn't clipped a single spit or stopper on the first 33 feet and was jamming his knee in a slopy hole mugging his way up."

Sounds like Seb on Meshuga
Animal - on 07 Jun 2010
In reply to Owen W-G:

Well done Seb! Put someone right off grit for life!
Scarab - on 07 Jun 2010
Oh yes sounds like hard grit, and seb doing some crazy animalistic grunts :)
Steve13 on 09 Jun 2010
In reply to Scarab:

More like crazy ramblings "Come here you cheeky little devil, I will have you yet..."
Morgan Woods - on 10 Jun 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Great article Bjorn and excellent comments to finish.
mattrm - on 10 Jun 2010

What a really good and interesting interview. More of this sort of thing please!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.