UKC

NEW VIDEO: Steph Davis in The Crack House

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 21 Jun 2010
[Steph Davis - Crack House, 2 kb]In this short video American climber Steph Davis enters 'The Crack House' a super long Moab roof crack in Utah, USA.

Although The Crack House is technically a boulder problem, its long length means that it is generally given a route grade of 5.13-, which roughly translated in to UK E grades is around E6.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2829
 Lemony 21 Jun 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: A contender for the world's most awkward topout? Christ!
 ab tat 21 Jun 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:

That route looks distinctly unpleasant, though it is countered by Steph being fairly easy on the eye..
 Jon Greengrass 21 Jun 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Awesome lie down finish

taped up to the elbows!
 Mattyk 21 Jun 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Where have i seen that route before is it on some of the dosage videos.. taht final move looks familiar... Great video
 Dan Dyson 21 Jun 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Good shorts.
 Jonny2vests 21 Jun 2010

Reminds me of the way I topped out on Jeepers Creepers - legs first!
 Brendan 21 Jun 2010
In reply to Lemony: She actually makes it look quite graceful... quite an achievement!
 ChrisBrooke 21 Jun 2010
In reply to Mattyk: Dean Potter climbs it in Masters of Stone 5. Wonder if that's why Steph fancied a go.
In reply to UKC Articles: Nice little video - complements the Master of Stone footage well. Even got Mad Ivo for a bit of commentary as well. I never understand how he's managed to not get kicked out the of the States.

In reference to grade - hope I never have to do an E6 as long as that roof crack!
 beardy mike 22 Jun 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: youtube.com/watch?v=v6ryzff1-xQ&

this is pretty "special too" - check out the rock rash...
 jazzyjackson 22 Jun 2010

amazing contrast. such a graceful ascent of such a beast thug route.Incredible climber, best female soloist in the world.
 Tom_Harding 22 Jun 2010
In reply to mike kann: Good video but man cedar is so annoying...
 Rob15 22 Jun 2010
In reply to Tom_Harding: would definitely agree with that.. its the accent.
 mattrm 22 Jun 2010

That looks awesome. Great video.

she needs to do something more original than this to set her self apart from Dean Potter. maybe shes making up for him not being in her life by doing the same routes he has!
In reply to higherclimbingwales: That's a bit of a silly thing to say! Why on earth wouldn't she go and do one of the most classic roof cracks in the world (which also happens to be near her) just because her late husband did it?

Quality counts over (nearly) everything.
 beardy mike 22 Jun 2010
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training:
> her late husband

He died? When did that happen?
 Rob15 22 Jun 2010
In reply to mike kann: it didn't
In reply to mike kann: That's strange. How did I type that?! Must have meant to put "last husband" ... but then again, that doesn't even make sense. Hmmmm.
 beardy mike 22 Jun 2010
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training: Oh OK - I just thought I'd missed something pretty major...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...