UKC

What size calendar?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cats 03 Jul 2010
We are producing a fund-raising calendar at the gliding club - no, it's not a glider pilot calendar!

But we need to decide if it should be A3 or A4 size so I'm asking all over the place what size people prefer. It's the normal layout - wire binding along the top, photo above the calendar big.
 Dominion 03 Jul 2010
In reply to Cats:

A3, Landscape orientation...
 antwan 03 Jul 2010
In reply to Cats: the most common ones i do at work are portrait, Because both landscape and portraight pictures will fit the same layout, Because when you add the calendar bit it effectivly becomes landscape where your image goes, and a landscape calendar becomes 'squished' landscape.

Size wise, Apart from personal preferance a lot of 'local charity' calendars that are printed A3 would look massively better on A4 because of poor quality images, So make sure your art work is upto scratch.

If you getting it digitaly printed why not have two sizes? Although you can't beat good quality Litho...

Good luck with your calendar, and if you want a quote for anything post press (cut collate punch bind bag shrink etc...) I'll do you it just above cost.

Oh my personal preferance is to have two calendars, landscape for pretty pictures and usually and A4 portraight for writing stuff in.
Cats 04 Jul 2010
In reply to antwan:

No problems with image quality, I'm only using images where I can get the full-size original and I use Photoshop to deal with cropping, resizing and adjusting - the images I will finally use will be TIFF, the right size at 300dpi, and all the adjusting will be done in 16-bit mode. I'll be aiming for the quality of image I would present at a camera club competition, and the one thing I've almost never been picked up on is image quality.

We can't have two sizes as we won't sell enough - were we selling more it would be a good idea, but we think our market is fairly limited. The printers will do us 50 more at the original price (rather than the higher price for 50) so that covers needing more than we ordered.

Thanks for the input folks. And if anyone fancies a calendar featuring old gliders you know who to ask!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...