UKC

Beacon bouldering?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
trad monster 20 Jul 2010
Just spent a wet weekend wales and ended up at the beacon for the first time. Some of the problems were ok but was expecting more from north wales' alledged premier climbing centre.
The oddest thing was the coloured discs behind the holds, this struck me as unnecessary, untidy and dangerous as i caught my finger on a couple of them. Has anyone else had any experience of these discs before, either at the beacon or anywere else? i haven't come across them before.
They seem irrelevant as surely that is the point in having coloured holds.

.....can't escape the rain even indoors
In reply to trad monster: yethey lways have them at the beacon to distinguih between problems of the same grade range that are right next to each other...beacon ain't that bad but the 'Indy' is better....
trad monster 22 Jul 2010
In reply to dunkymonkey17:
Ah where is this 'indy' place if its better?
I dont fancy getting dripped on at the beacon again if its raining next time i'm in North Wales...
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 22 Jul 2010
In reply to trad monster: The indy is an army owned climbing wall at the indefatigable base on anglesey just next to llanfairpwllgwyngy... (had the whole name typed out but UKC forums literally would not let me post the comment as it interpreted it as several words without spacing). The place is run by some pretty commited and strong boulderers, hence the quality of the bouldering, unfortunately you need to have your own insurance to climb there, soldiers of course being covered by the army, and students like Duncan and me being covered by our students union athletic union.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...