UKC

EICA Ratho bus routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
deano_c 30 Jul 2010
Hey guys, I'm moving to Edinburgh next week, I've climbed at EICA Ratho a few times and if anyone has been there you will be aware of the brilliant facilities they have. Only problem I'm facing is access as the bus from Edinburgh centre takes an hour, even though its only a 20 minute drive - when I was in Edinburgh last week I could've sworn I seen a bus service depart from North Bridge with 'Ratho Only' on the front but can't seem to find this service anywhere - does it exist or is the 48 that is the only route?

Alien rock is much closer for my accomodation however their monthly price is £47 as opposed to Rathos £22 concession membership. Cheers guys.
In reply to deano_c:

Have you looked on the EICA website or ask on their forum, I know alot of the forum users use public transport.

Im sorry I cant realy help but I only live 15 mins cycle away or a 5min car trip.

SDB
 fimm 30 Jul 2010
In reply to deano_c:

If you are dependent on public transport and live in Edinburgh city, go to Alien.
To get to Ratho you need to take a bus that goes ones an hour and then walk for 20 minutes along a canal towpath. Accessible by public transport it is not.
deano_c 30 Jul 2010
Thanks for the quick replies, yeah I've had a look on the website and trawled through several bus websites to try find alternative routes! Such a shame that it doesn't have a regular bus service directly there, however Alien rock does look like it has decent facilities too.
In reply to deano_c:

Ratho's worth the extra effort!

SDB
mike@alien 30 Jul 2010
In reply to deano_c:

At Alien, the yearly membership is technically £27 per month, yeah the random monthly one is £47. The Ratho concession membership £22 seems to be for disabled membership.

As for the bus, it might have been for the youth open comp last week only, or could have been for Ratho village.
deano_c 30 Jul 2010
Hi Mike, going off your username I assume you work for Alien? The concession price at Ratho is for students too, I'm on a placement in Edinburgh for 3 months which could extend to up to 12 depending on workload. (Trust me, it's been hard enough to find a flat with a flexible lease!) £27 is a much more reasonable amount, is there any possibility of doing this in quarterly month chunks without a 12 month obligation?

Cheers

Dean

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...