UKC

kendal calling / festivals / getting old...?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 realslyshady 02 Aug 2010

Me and the missus bailed early from Kendal Calling. We're both long-term festival-goers, and had been to KC two years ago when it was actually in Kendal. But this was different - kids pissing openly on paths and tents, shit everywhere, screaming/drugs/booze/vomit. We moved to a quieter spot after the first night, due to the pretentious arseholes in the Welfairies tent playing crap dubstep till 3am and a chav moaning repeatedly in terror about how someone had replaced his eyes with a reptile's. Felt quite depressing. We were glad to get out.

Any similar experiences? Or should I just man up and wade through the piss?
gingermonkey 04 Aug 2010
In reply to realslyshady:

Can't say I had the same experience at Kendal Calling this year, apart from the occassional drunken "yoofs" and the flipping dubstep..

Oh, the toilets were shite too.
 CragRat11 04 Aug 2010
In reply to realslyshady: I go to lots of festys and have spent most of my time at little friendly ones. I have to say that Kendal calling is the worst one I have ever been to and would never go again. I had much the same experience as you. Teenyboppers and scallys puking, pissing, fighting, swearing, dropping rubbish and nicking stuff and not a great deal else. Apart from some mainstream crap music and no activities to get involved in. Maybe people like that sort of stuff though!
 Shona Menzies 04 Aug 2010
In reply to realslyshady:
>
> Me and the missus bailed early from Kendal Calling. We're both long-term festival-goers, and had been to KC two years ago when it was actually in Kendal. But this was different - kids pissing openly on paths and tents, shit everywhere, screaming/drugs/booze/vomit. We moved to a quieter spot after the first night, due to the pretentious arseholes in the Welfairies tent playing crap dubstep till 3am and a chav moaning repeatedly in terror about how someone had replaced his eyes with a reptile's. Felt quite depressing. We were glad to get out.
>
> Any similar experiences? Or should I just man up and wade through the piss?

Is that the Kendal mountain festival ?

I prefer dubplates to boring dubstep tho
 CragRat11 04 Aug 2010
In reply to Naedanger: Not the mountain festival. A music festival.
In reply to CragRat11:

And not actually at Kendal -- Lowther Park is closer to Penrith!
Removed User 05 Aug 2010
In reply to realslyshady: Cumbrians know how to party dude!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...