UKC

Glueing a Metolius Simulator Finger Board.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MNA123 09 Sep 2010
Hello,

I have a Metolius Simulator board that i was given for free as the top left hand corner broke off during shipping (i was given it from a shop i used to work for). Now its sat unused for around 2 years as i couldn't be bothered to fix it, now as im not climbing as much due to other commitments ive decided to fix it and put it up. Does anyone have any advice on the best adhesive to use to stick it back together?
 LastBoyScout 09 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz:

Some sort of epoxy, such as Araldite is probably your best bet.
 krank 09 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz:
Sellotape. Im your friend because im so helpfull.
 jkarran 09 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz:

Assuming the joint won't be excessively stressed, either an epoxy (Aradite - available everywhere) or polyurethane based glue (usually sold as wood glue - builders merchants) should do the trick. If there's very little surface area to the joint then a thixotropic cyanoacrylate (gelled superglue - model shops) might be a better choice.

jk
 LastBoyScout 09 Sep 2010
In reply to jkarran:

Good point - if there's not much surface area to stick, it may be necessary to glue a plate on the back for extra support.
OP MNA123 09 Sep 2010
In reply to All (except krank because he's a knobber):

Cheers guys i was thinking wood glue or something similar, i'll give it a go over the weekend.
 robal 09 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz:

Hi,

I have one of these, how much of it snapped off, just the jug? You could attached the large bit to the wall then just screw the other bit on to the wall as I'm sure there are screw holes in the back of the jug. some of the weight will be on the screw and some of the weight will get transfered through the board if you get the fit close enough!

either that or araldite it!
 NJSharp 09 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz:

If you can find someone with some 3M Scotch-Weld Epoxy Adhesive 9323-2 B/A kicking around that'll do it. Great stuff!
 Murd 09 Sep 2010
In reply to Adam Moroz: I would fix both parts to wall seperatly...may it would involve drilling another mount point but cant help but feel it would be a better option.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...