ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Gaia- i decked from the top last saturday.

jamesp78 - on 22 Sep 2010
This is just a message to personaly thank everyone involved in helping me after the accident.

My belayer Johnny probably saved my life and after i was taken to hospital he continued to keep a cool head and was left with having to organise calls to my girlfriend, gear still in the route (unfortunately not the important bit)vehichle, tents and god knows what else. Thanks mate. All my other friends up for the weekend too. Thanks to you guys too.
Complete strangers Jane and Gareth who i have already e mailed but would like to thank again here.Wrong place at the wrong time or vice versa depending how you look at it!
Obviously i am forever in the debt of the mountain rescue service and the air ambulance crew. I can only remember a man called dave who was amazing but i know there were so many of you there all doing an amazing job.Thanks guys. I will be fund raising when i recover.(6 to 12 weeks)
Everyone at the royal derby hospital too. I cant believe you can break your back and be home in 4 days!
If anyone finds themselves at the derby hospital i can strongly reccomend the morphine and the lemon sponge with custard.
Thanks everyone.Jim.

... not showing 54 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums