UKC

The Asgard project

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Paul F 26 Sep 2010
Is on the Quest channel (38 on digital) tonight at 9pm.
 stewyclimb 26 Sep 2010
In reply to Paul F: Looks like a good watch. Cheers for the heads up
chad halfwit 26 Sep 2010
In reply to Paul F:
Just stumbled across it on sky channel 154 halfway through.
It's being repeated tomorrow (Monday) at 10:00pm
 Rampikino 27 Sep 2010
In reply to Paul F:

Interesting to watch, but I couldn't actually get my head around what the point was.

It seemed to be a "project" for the sake of it with the key aim to base jump from the top.

There also seemed to be a number of arbitrary aspects to it that didn't flow through the "project" (speed climbing/moving together in Riglos) when Asgard was a mulit-day big wall ascent.

Needlessly wasating time trashing kit thrown from a plane only to have to spend days getting more kit.

Anyway... it was interesting to watch but I couldn't get my head around what the point was.
 Stash 27 Sep 2010
Surely the "point" of it doesn't matter they went out and had fun and shared it with us!
In reply to Paul F: Just watched it - thought it was a great film! Anyone know what the music track was during the final credits?
 Alastair Lee 27 Sep 2010
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Nice one Nick - the tune is 'Beautiful Lies' by B Complex - search it on iTunes to download.
In reply to Alastair Lee: Thanks Al Nice version of it here: youtube.com/watch?v=bhT_ntitSsk&

Full respect for being insane enough to film a big wall expedition in those conditions! It must be hard to do it in perfect weather, somewhere with easy road access like Yosemite, but a remote wall in the Arctic circle in sub-zero temperatures... wow.
thordrup 14 Oct 2010
Is anyone having the dvd? I would like a full list of all music in the film (can be seen at the end of the dvd).
 Queenie 15 Oct 2010
If anyone has this on DVD, I'd really like to see it.

I would pay postage and mail back after viewing. Anyone...please?
 Rich Guest 15 Oct 2010
In reply to Rampikino:
> (In reply to Paul F)
>
> Interesting to watch, but I couldn't actually get my head around what the point was.
>
> It seemed to be a "project" for the sake of it with the key aim to base jump from the top.

I fully agree. Leo generally seemed more in it for the jump (or at least that's the way it came across)

Seems like this Stanley bloke was taken along as Chief Superintendant Free Climber, but conditions got the better of him.

Overall I thought it was taking climbing film 'to the movies' a bit too much, but fair play to them, all looked pretty hard core...

That's why I don't even like doing Scottish winter stuff or Kinder Downfall even....
Bugger that frozen shit...
I like shag pile rugs, open log fires, hot deep baths watchin Columbo and nice milky coffees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...